My N15 Pulsar - AUS SPEC Almera =P

• Thread starter Thread starter 85XNU
  • Start date Start date

85XNU

Big hello to you all from Sunny Australia!

Had a fair bit of work done to my Pulsar (What you'd call an Aus Spec Almera i suppose) and since im chasing a few parts off your Almeras and am learning about parts that i can mix and match with, i figured i should share some photos and details. The car is the only N15 in Australia that is black. We have Three '3 Door' Hatch Almeras in Australia (one being black) but we cant road register them so it doesnt count :P

Anyway - Just something different for you guys, i hope you like it!

Exterior:

2PAC Gloss Black With Red Pearl
2PAC Gloss Clear
Veilside Front Bar
Vertex Side Skirts
Shaved Rear Door Handles
17 Inch Speedy Holotype R's
Clear Side Indicators
Tinted Rear Lights

Interior:

Front + Rear White Throw Over Seat Covers
Painted White Dash Inserts
3 3/4 Inch Tacho W/ Shift Light

Engine/Suspension:

GA16DE
Hi-Tech Headers
Custom 2 Inch All The Way, No Mufflers Except Hi-Flow Cat
5 Inch Cannon
HKS Pod + Air Temp Sensor

Tein Coil Overs (Catchma Drift Aus Spec)
16 Way Front/Rear Damper, Adjustable Height And Front Camber
6/8KG Spring Rates

Stereo:

JVC MP3/WMA Ready Head Unit
JBL 6 1/2 Inch Splits (Front)
Pioneer 6x9 3 Ways (Rear)
Pioneer 300wrms 2 Channel Amp (Speakers)
Pioneer 15 Inch 350wrm Subs (2 Of, Rear)
MTX Road Thunder 250wrms Amps (2 Of, Rear)
Almani 2 Farad Cap (All Amps, Rear)
2 x 4, 1 x 8 Gauge Wiring Kit

Plans:

Rear Bar Of Some Sort
SSS Front Head Lights/Indicators
Air Can Suspension

Pictures:

1607071624dy3.jpg

1607071625cw9.jpg

1607071627dd4.jpg

1607071628xj8.jpg

1908071257zm3.jpg

Welcome along. Looks sunnier here than it does there at the moment!

Tein Coilovers to Air suspension.........eeerrrmmmm.........no.

Wow now that's a black car! Out of interest why can't you register 3 door N15s there?

Not sure, something to do with the emissions or something like that, and stock safety features.

Damo-Sri said:
Looks sunnier here than it does there at the moment!
Tein Coilovers to Air suspension.........eeerrrmmmm.........no.
Think its their winter at the mo. I agree about the suspension, keep the coilovers. I might aswel be the one that says it, dont like the front bumper (look at our phase 1 and 2 gti's then try and tell yourself you still like it, you can't can you ;) ) and rear lights but apart from that, it looks ok. Oh and G'day!

Welcome mate i dont understand why they wont let 3 door n15's be registered yet they will allow you to paint yur headlamps causing the brightness of them to be dramaticlly dimmed. Cool Car!

I think. That when the headlights are black it is just the headlight covers painted. As in the one pic there clear. And if you look closely you can see the wee clips at the bottom.

Anyway, That is one black car.

Thanks guys. yeah just head light covers, they clip on and off when i please. I dont get why we cant have 3 doors (Although in a few years we can register them, they will pass Aust standards, so look out!)

And yeah, the P2 front bumper is totally sex. I'd rather that any day over the Veilside bumper i have now. But, the car was being painted Monday, it was Sunday after noon (Painting eve) and i needed a front bar. So i got the front bar, skirts and head light protectors for $300 Aust. Which is about 100p i think.

If there is anyone wanting to ship over an S2 bar ill pay top dollar :)

85XNU said:
Not sure, something to do with the emissions or something like that, and stock safety features.

The 3 door version will have the same CO2 out put i think if not then a more restrictive cat could easily be fitted!

Safety features every almera i know of has an air bag in the steering wheel. Some may not but gti's do. and also some have passenger ones and some have ones in seats aswell. These laws are stupid!

I think it's got something to do with it affecting the Australian car market. Nissan only released 4 door Pulsars in Australia and there's some kind of government legislation saying that imports can't be used I think? However over the water in New Zealand there aren't any manufacturers so all the cars are imported ie All the VZ-R N1's :cool:

Great looking car by the way!

I don't mind it, but as the car stands i think you should consider a few things. Forget the blacked headlamp covers, then don't look great. Find some new rims what would suit the car better... the Kahn style rims are past it IMO.

I'd either put the rear wiper back on or flush in the spindle on the boot. Also, remove the stickers.

Hope that's not too harsh!

Once that's sorted, you'll be onto a winner.

:)

a p2 GTi kit and normal lights and it would look alot better, the lights are far too much for me im afraid, theres no contrast at all at the back. tbh the whole car looks too black to me, theres not enough contrast, no idea why though as its not had anything different colour coded etc, could well be the poor quality pictures letting it down tbh.

s'alreet, few bits I like and a few bits I dont.

I want to do the same thing with my rear handles at some point too. Do you have door poppers for them?

Havnt got poppers yet but once i get the fronts shaved i will have a full popper kit for all the doors.

Back
Top Bottom