My new car...

James

Administrator
Staff member
Well, seeing as I've been around on here since about May 2005 (without an Almera!), when it came to pick a car as a runaround while my Micra is off the road, Naturally I chose an Almera.

I have to say I'm not disappointed with it in the slightest! It handles better than my Micra did, and that was lowered, on 15" wheels with Toyo Proxes! For a 1.4 it's pretty quick off the mark. It's covered 95000 miles, with a full NISSAN service history up to 85k (Stamped and everything)!! 1 previous owner, not a rattle in the engine bay, uprated Kenwood speakers! Not a spot of rust, seats and carpet are immaculate. Very chuffed with it!

Now all I need are fully colour coded bumpers and mirrors, and electric windows and central locking ;)

Here's (plenty) of pics... ;) (Stickers arrived today :D)

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 69
More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0879.JPG
    IMG_0879.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0882.JPG
    IMG_0882.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0883.JPG
    IMG_0883.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
...and the last 4...

Attachments

• IMG_0886.JPG
    IMG_0886.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 48
i can't believe there is a garage called "beadles" and people actually buys cars from there, i would expect the engine to fall out or the doors to fall off then the man with the tiny hand to appear

bring on the beadle

LMAO! The battery is even Beadles battery ;):

beadlebattxa2.jpg

looks very clean mate, well done! get some standard gti wheels, colour code the black side strips, do the rear wiper mod and deglobe them indicators!! would sed the car off nicely!!

Looks nice mate, is there anything you can tell use about the K10 in the background?!

my mates got a K11 (1.3) which will be almost up to 100bhp when he's done (he mentioned something about a GA16DE fuel rail or something? crazy man) so yeah, im quite interested in micras!

Yeah the K11s can use a GA16 fuel rail, along with the throttle body, that coupled with a Janspeed manifold and decent exhaust system should see you at 100bhp without any problems.

This is how far my K11 has progressed so far: www.calamityjames.co.uk/about-my-car/

As for the K10 in the background, that's my mates fabled March Superturbo, Supercharger, Turbocharger, NOS and loads of other goodies, here's more info:
930cc supercharged and turbo charged. Uprated fuel pump and injectors. Greddy e-manage ultimate, with boost pressure sensor and greddy profec B spec II boost controller. However turbo is currently FREESPOOL. Peak boost 1.8bar. R/R tested at 175bhp @1.5 bar boost.
It also managed 14.01 @ 100mph quarter mile at the pod before NOS was fitted.

The 175bhp figure is before NOS too, and its a 25bhp shot ;)

Sorry for the offtopic but there is a few Malaysian Micras with SR20 conversions. One even has an X-Trail GT SR20VET conversion and is in the 11's on the stock turbo!

Your K11's gorgeous mate, really really subtle n standard looking (weirdly - the way a modified car should be). My mates is more or less the same but its the yellowy gold colour and has a grey rear-raised bonnet.

I'd love one with a GA16DE in, not silly power, just enough to surprise afew people :D

iamhappy46 said:
Sorry for the offtopic but there is a few Malaysian Micras with SR20 conversions

DBull on here has an SR20DE+T converted micra on here with about 1,000,000 bhp, runs a 12.1 quarter mile as far as i know (sorry if you've done a faster one dave!).

iamhappy46 said:
Sorry for the offtopic but there is a few Malaysian Micras with SR20 conversions. One even has an X-Trail GT SR20VET conversion and is in the 11's on the stock turbo!

Yeah but the SR20VET is like 280bhp aint it the Micra Super March Turbo aint even a 1 litre lol till good going 175bhp from a 930 cc

Garnz said:
Yeah but the SR20VET is like 280bhp aint it the Micra Super March Turbo aint even a 1 litre lol till good going 175bhp from a 930 cc
Yeah and even stock the ST is 110bhp! I wish Nissan still made crazy cars like that!

And thanks for the compliments K33 ELV, nice to see people like it :D

Right well basically, the supercharger and turbocharger are controlled by a clutch, and when the engine revs get to a certain point, the clutch disengages the supercharger (and bypasses it completely) and routes all the air to the turbo, this means you don't have any lag through the rev range pretty much, the stock supercharger makes 0.7 bar of boost and the uprated turbo Ed has (HT10/T25 hybrid) makes at max 1.8bar, compared to the 0.7 bar of HT10 that was on there originally. It's quite a clever system and has only been used on 3 (or maybe 4) production cars that I know of, the ST, one Lancia and the new 1.4 Twincharged Golf!

Ahhh i see, no i think that was just the lack of light, they're clear in the daytime hehe :)

Back
Top Bottom