My New P1 GTI

Well, got home just after 11pm from Bristol to Bedford last night with the new GTI. Today started on the clutch, bought a Valeo clutch kit, we didn't realise it would be such a big job although we know clutches aren't the easiest things in the world.

Here are a few start up piccys....once we get her on the road again and all cleaned up n glistening I will post more pics.

Turn it into a 'work in progress' thread heehee :lol:

ChangingClutch1.jpg

ChangingClutch2.jpg

ChangingClutch3.jpg

I am being really naughty and looking at brakes n suspension.....may buy a head unit today so it isn't completely silent when driving.

The heater fans only works on full power so we gotta work out how to fix that unless you know how lol :p

I think ross has a heater card for sale (rajackson) that should fix that, its a bit of solder on the circuit board that needs redoing as far as I know, every single one I've had has had that happen.
I think once the brakes are bled again they should bite down a lot more.

Grrr still not finished the clutch...spent most of the day on it....well my partner did.....only to find Motor Serv had sold us the wrong clutch, the box was right but the clutch was wrong.

He is going to go ballistic at them tomorrow argh lol

grrr

Really sorry to hear about that, especially after the driveshaft put up so much of a struggle.

They should definitely give you the exedy one.

Fingers crossed eh lol

Got a head unit yesterday with ipod connection which in comparison fitted perfectly lol

Back
Top Bottom