my new ride :loL:

well seing as my mototr is out of action for the rest of the year,

here my other beauty :D

got her out today and cleaned her up

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

i made her from scratch, built the wheels everything! cost me just under 2.5k 3 years ago only done aout 100 miles! been loving the almera too much hehe
im a fully qualified CYTECH NVQ level 2 bike mechanic from my bike shop days :roll: :lol:

i also repair/build bike privately aswell as breaking cars :D

Looks awesome Stu. I'd imagine it would Phil because of the geometry. You can see that putting pressure down on the crank would just pull on the center of the rocker, so you shouldnt get as much dip when pushing hard :) My last full sus bike was a killer for that. Got a hard tail Claud Butler now ;)

Yeah I had a cheap halfords full sus bike and it was horrible, not only was it heavy but when going up hills etc it would bounce up and down all over the place, that and the fact there was no oil in the 'damper' just a spring lol. I'll stick with hardtails all the time because of the weight too, but I might ride this if i HAD too ;)

yeah it does ride like a hardtail, and is surprisingly light weight too :D

the rear triangle of the suspension was designed by renalt!

it rides soo nicely with the suspension setup and breaking power you can can eat up any trails and if you drop the seat some freeride too

:D

Gotta meet up for some cycling round my way mate ;) (if you can train it or come in your dad's derv). Lots of Common and hilly areas used by the army that are open to the public that are perfect for a bit of XC. Havnt been myself in years but my mate who I used to go with moved to London and there aint any XC trails there :lol:.

are the brakes hydraulic?

I went from 115 to 203 front brake disc and now i can lock the front wheel, very scary in the wet :D so god knows how good yours are if they are hydraulic

Mine are hydrualic and they're awesome but no where near as high a spec as Stu's no doubt! Stu how many times have you gone head first over the bars?? :lol:

lol its gotta be like when v brakes first came out.... kid says to his mate, look how late i can brake by this crowd, see how much i can scare em.... grab brakes, straight over bars... what a tit lol

v brakes on teh front were a bad idea

lovvvvvve disc brakes for wet weather performance, rim brakes become scarily useless!

Im tempted to go hydraulic buy means changing my shifters to a non brake/gear combined setup

yeah they are fully hydrauic, proper powerfull, never gone over tho, allways lean right back over the saddle then anchor them on, ;)

there perfect for rolling stoppies ;)
great modulation means you can stop well quick or feather them lightly,braided hoses too :)

ive got so many parts cov, from when i worked in the bike shop i took home all the old second hand parts and from all the repairs i did at home, ive got shifers/brake systems/frames/forks/wheels/front mechs/rear mechs/saddles/loads of cables/bleeding kits for ALL hydraulic brake manufactures,

and every park tool too fit them with, ;)

You selling all your many parts? I'm hoping to build my dirt bike back up for the summer. I always lose weight when I've got a working bike lol.

So whilst this bikes brakes discussion is going on I have a numpty question.

I am planning on buying a low budget full suspension bike around £150 and it will have disc brakes all around, will any pads or discs need changing like pads need changing on V brakes after a while?

Bike discs probably never need changing, pads will every now and then but it's pretty rare unless you use it a lot. If you're only spending £150 I strongly advise you don't get a full suspension bike, really not worth it, they're heavier, sap the power out of your pedal action and they aren't usually even damped, so they don't make the bike handle any better!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_217790_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

That would suit you better if you could stretch the purse strings a tad, still not going to be amazing, although if it's not for heavy off road etc, you don't even need a front suspension fork, again those cheap forks (made by Zoom especially) don't have any damping either.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_240361_langId_-1_categoryId_165534

These are good too, well built. Shop around too because for cheap bikes there are some good deals out there.

phil yeah ive got loads of parts goning :)

send me your bike n ill build it for you ;)

as for buying one, dont pay less than £250!! all these bike for under £200 are a def no go, ive seen soooo may over the past 5 years go out and come back soon after, if you do want to spend £200 then get a rigid bike with a suspension seat post, this saves them money on forsk/rea suspension and a suspension seatpost is pennies to them!

so all the money they save on forks/r-suspension/fancy disc brakes, youll get a pakka bike with good gears, good quality V brakes, bike technology has come a very long wasy over the past 5 years, modern Vbrakes are still very good, shimano/avid.

this @ £250

or this @ £230 very good quality

Back
Top Bottom