my new ride,

i bought this off kailgti wednesday (thanks) the brakes were shot so put on some new pads and got the standard exhaust off the last gti i broke, drive nicely, T & T till jan, gotta get the wheels balanced tho,mint interior, exterior is pretty good for the age apart from the bumper damage, has some 'marmite' volk/rays forged wheels too, 82.5k on the clock, and got a spare set of gti alloys, momo steering wheel n boss kit, standard shocks and springs thrown in too! thanks kails, a good little run around till my sr20de + t ;) is up and running, cheers stu
02112008654.jpg

02112008653.jpg

02112008655.jpg

thanks

£475 will all the extra gti alloys and other parts, cheers, com'on ed join in hehe, i like the alloys personaly, i think they are like marmite, people hate'em or love'em :-) it is easier if i stick to a gti as it saves messing around with my insurance as its still a gti, only cost £30 admin charge, not bad, :-)

£475 will all the extra gti alloys and other parts, cheers, com'on ed join in hehe, i like the alloys personaly, i think they are like marmite, people hate'em or love'em :-) it is easier if i stick to a gti as it saves messing around with my insurance as its still a gti, only cost £30 admin charge, not bad, :-)

Great price all in all. Yes they're not cheap on petrol but drive conservatively and long distances and they're not too bad.

The way i saw it was, i know these cars, i know all the pro's and cons, they don't break (albeit a starter motor), they handle really well, it'll be perfect for reference during my turbo work, and there's so few on the road its nice being a little bit different.

I'd be very tempted if I had the money to put aside for one, so I can them get the derv's work done. But if I buy one I wouldnt have the money for do work on the derv. catch 22? and I know I'd send up modding the run around too :D

^ hehe,
@ simcard yeah thats exaclty what i plan on doing, i have a pulsar manifold/turbo/elbow/acuator so i can drive my black gti to garages to make up the custom downpipe and FMIC! cheers :-)

glad your enjoying my/your car :)
i love those wheels bought them off of sxoc, i absolutely love them, they make a statement and are not the run off the mill 'chavvy' wheels and are made in the same year as the car was made so perfect era. :)
happy motoring kails :P

They're defo 'marmite' wheels, lol - don't like 'em at all :lol: For me, those 3-spokers are just too 'old' and only suit a small group of cars. But fair play for an individual choice :cool:

Pretty tidy run around you have there; and being a GTi it can at least fulfil the "run" part of that statement. Not sure on those rims though they're a bit like the TRON cycles of the eighties. They would suit a smaller car like a CRX. Still fits the bill for individuality.

Whats all this about fitting a turbo Stu?....have i missed something? Last i heard you were having dissapointing results with the Kents.

Prefer OE wheels.

cheers folks,
@ rowdy - yeah my inlet piper cam broke so got bits of metal in the engine, so stripping it down and rebuiding it with some 8.0-1 cr pistons, piper clocked my origonal oem nissan cams and said they have a better profile for a turbo setup!! there not the best but are better than the uprated na cams i HAD :rolleyes: and after being in leighs crazy motor with 347bhp! forget na and cams hehe, also as i have most of the bits i need for a turbo, ie management/clutch/brakes/pump n fpr, and especially as ive just picked up a good t28 pulsar turbo, manifold, elbow for £93!!!! turbo here i come :D

Back
Top Bottom