My New Silver N15 GTI

As many of you have read, i picked this up Thursday night from a chap called Andrew Timmins (member on here). I must say that the car is a credit to him, really well looked after and a true gem to drive.

It's a 1999 V, with 51K on the clock, FSH, etc.

Here's a photo, let me know what you think.

DSCF0429web.jpg

:)

Looks great, I'm not usually a fan of silver, but on the 'mera it looks great. What does the future hold for her?

Matt

Glad you're pleased with the car Andy. :)

In the three and a half years I owned the car it was only ever washed by hand, never through a car wash.

This is the polish I used on the car last Sunday:
http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

Only a couple of days before I pick up my new Mini, can't wait.

Looks great. I love the look of a standard Phase 2 GTi.

Just needs some coilovers though :lol:

GTi kurt said:
Looks great. I love the look of a standard Phase 2 GTi.

Just needs some coilovers though :lol:

I do like the idea of slamming the car, but i don't think it'll end up practical around here. I'd have to start planning my routes more, as there are are plenty of hefty speed bumps around here.

Kurt - i presume yours it lowered on coilovers then?

I do quite fancy doing the rims gunmetal, as i think it'll contrast the silver a treat. :)

Andrew Timmins said:
Glad you're pleased with the car Andy. :)

In the three and a half years I owned the car it was only ever washed by hand, never through a car wash.

This is the polish I used on the car last Sunday:
http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

Only a couple of days before I pick up my new Mini, can't wait.

Andrew, you'll be glad to know it'll never see a car wash in my ownership either. Thanks for the heads up on the polish, but i've already got a long supply of Autoglym product. I'll keep it in mind for the future though.

Best of luck with the new Mini!

Yes mate mine is on coilovers, they have the pro's and con's like all things. Things like front splitter, and exhaust system and sump get very vulnerable. But you learn to live with it.

And the pro's..........well what can i say. Other than the Almera GTi is one of the best handling cars standard. You can'r imagine what it's like on this set-up.

But, my car is only really a weeknight/weekend car as I have a work van too. So practicallity isn't 'so' important.

Almera Guy said:
Can you get to JAE?

If so, I think this rightly deserves to be on the stand! :cool:

We're getting back from Spain on the Saturday, so hoping to drive over on the Sunday. I'll be popping along to see my mates on NPOC, then i'll come over to the AOC stand. :)

Jockrock said:
Lovely mate, what plans you got for it?

If i had the cash to throw at the car i probably would, but i just don't at the moment. The missus and I moved into our own house three months back, and it's not leaving us with much play money...

So, she'll be staying in standard form for a while yet... bar some ICE. :)

Stunning car mate. Hope to see it at JAE. Would look good with grey wheels and a bit of lowering ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0429web.jpg
    DSCF0429web.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom