DSC00803.JPG

DSC00809.JPG

DSC00810.JPG

You might be able to see the dreaded car cancer on the rear arch... :(

DSC00815.JPG

DSC00814.JPG

Me... Tubby

DSC00787.JPG

Long term project (weekend build). Learning as i go. :)

Could do with some new alloys :D

A lot to take on there, looks like it'll be a good learning project :) Good luck with it mate. Going to be a GTi?

not a clue yet.. I've got a b16a1 (vtec yo) engine in the garage that I may build a b20 out of. But I fancy going crazy RB stylee. For now im going to work on the shell then see about fabricating some mounts for a chunky rear diff and independent suspension. Fun fun fun. TO THE SCRAPPY!

If you can get an RB in there, well done, theyre longer than the n15 engine bay

The block isn't. Trust me.. it'll fit I've hade the tape measure out. will need mods to the transmision tunnel(or complete lack of in this case) rad will need relocating and the use of an electricaly powered fan will be required. It's just on the drawing board at the mo. doing plenty of research. not set in stone.;)

You sir are a legend.

But, someone allegedly once installed a RWD CA18DET or SR20DET in an almera shell and apparently it handled rubbish.

I'm sure theres something suitably barmy and FWD you could put in? Or attempt the Pulsar 4WD system?

your dead right on the handling. the problem is that its a short and wide car. I was thinking along the lines of pushing the block as far back as possible. minor mods to the fire wall if required. position the seats right back with a longer steering column. fuel tank, rads and relay looms in the boot(all been done before). I think its a go'er.

Oor I could go back to planA. b20 block b18(itr) head and rocker 4wd box out of a honda shuttle.

well done mate, will be mint but please it will be sacrilegious if you put a honda engine in a nissan. if it was me id make a GTiR N15 :D

Only in Warrington.....Must be the fumes off Fiddlers Ferry. haha

This should be an incredible project, just hope you finish it.

You sir, are barmy!
Definitely do the B20 though, a friend of mine's got a B20 in a civic EK coupe, its a massive car but still shifts like fuck.

B20 with TODA killer cams ftw

Or B20 turbo ;)

toda killers and turbo ;).. my other cars a mark2 crx which is why I am thinking of a honda b engine.

the unit that 'we' own is actualy on fiddlers ferry boat yard. about 10 mins walk from the powerstation so you'd be right on the fumes :D

Before 26th march

DSC00414.JPG

DSC00441.JPG

DSC00452.JPG

D-day

DSC00548.JPG

Soon after

DSC00719.JPG

thats where I got the B engine from.

Im definatly goining to get another one as they're amazing cars to drive (little go-karts). My advice to anyone on a budget to NEVER buy Goodyear EagleF1s for the front and leave the back with low tread. Amazing wet weather grip on the front and no grip on the back = bent rear wheel as above.

Can you not fix that mate??
Same happened to my old micra and I fixed it by replacing the whole rear axle assembly.
It looks a bit close to that lamp post also!

the damage was worse than it looks. rear assembly chasis mount was twisted and almost torn off. It would need jigging and I dont have the equipment for that. I fancy a SiR next. Learning to speak Jap to cut out the middle man. Also banned from driving due to enjoying vtec in wales so I've got a while to get another car on the road.

Back
Top Bottom