my ride for the track

hi guys, as you may or may not know i do banger racing as a hobby. and over the last few weeks have been building car for start of season. which is all ready to go at first meeting on april 13th.

i race mini bangers which is a 1200cc limit for the group so i tend to use micra's as they are nippy and take lots of abuse. there are larger engined groups but i'm currently banned from them for squshing someone but thats another story. i have a bubble micra that used last season to finish off but then be using fresh K10 model.

so work done so far

completely strip car of all interior, windows, wiring, bumpers. then i fit saftey cage which has petrol tank attached and the battery tray, isolator switch for electrics and harness fixing points. run an on /off switch and a starter switch and electric fuel pump

saftey bar on drivers door, add some bonnet corner plates (bonnet is totally removable) , bolt up boot and passenger door. plate over sunroof hole.

engine is the 1235cc unit with larger carb fitted off the 1.2 auto. gearbox then removed and 1000cc unit fitted after diff unit has been removed fully welded solid (locked diff as race on mud) rebuild and refit. fit knobbly front tyres with side gaitors for protection

add addtional solid top engine mount (as standard ones break on heavy impacts). fit water tank in place of radiator to keep it all cool when running.

then paint and hey presto ready for racing, well do few other bits but can't give all secrets away as i'm the defending champ so also get to display gold roof for the year. roof grades start at white , then yellow, blue and red depending on points gained.

car painted by myself with a roller but a mate did the writing for me

will post pics of it racing and how bad it gets squashed later after meeting.

you guys more than welcome to come along and see me race details on

www.bramptonraceway.co.uk

cheers

last years car

_MG_0086.jpg

this yrs K10

micra1.jpg

micra2.jpg

micra3.jpg

micra4.jpg

micra5.jpg

and if you where wondering why i got banned for squishing a car, rules state you can't push anyone into the tyres and keep pushing. i did one day and this is the result. (driver got out with no injurys by the way)

from this (mazda 323)

Totty_Memorial_Brampton_28th_Octobe.jpg

to this in one hit

brammy20019.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

Lucky you were'nt up for attempted murder!

I bet its a fuckin scream.

A bubble failed its MOT down at the father-in-laws place today, you still buying?

Got a meet in Whitby if you fancy it?

A bubble failed its MOT down at the father-in-laws place today, you still buying?

QUOTE]

how much you looking for for the bubble? you can keep cat of it and any other parts like interior glass lights etc, need full wiring in bubble / engine suspension etc and where is car at please?

QUOTE]

how much you looking for for the bubble? you can keep cat of it and any other parts like interior glass lights etc, need full wiring in bubble / engine suspension etc and where is car at please?

Cars in Bridlington pal, I can get the lowdown tomorrow if you want.

Whitby?

Back
Top Bottom