My rides

Thought id post up my rides, my toy first :

normal_IMG_3083.JPG

Where all the money goes, 1979 triumph spitfire heavily modified inside and out.

My wee almera

New_Vette_Wheels_004.sized.jpg

along with the rest of the stable.

and then there is the one that got away...

normal_IMG_1611.JPG

Took me 2 years to recover from that one.

Hi Matt, welcome to the AOC. :)

WTF happened to the red one??? :eek: (is it a Marcos, going from the bonnet slat & the 1 intact headlight) :confused:

im guessing the one that got away was kitcar based, V6/8 and RWD. self explanitory in most cases! hope your ok now though dude, welcome to the club :)

nah it was a 1968 triumph spitfire with lemans fibreglass bonnet and full race spec throughout. 130bhp and weighing just 8ookg and it made a wicked fast fun car.

normal_IMG_2505.JPG

Compression corner, oil slick accross damp road and poor choice of tyres for the conditions (semi slicks, was a dry day until 10 mins before) = sideways into a tree 40mph, police said there was nothing i could have done. Guy following slid into a ditch. 4 hours trapped being cut free, jump started once, 4 weeks in hospital, 5 opperations and months and months of physio and i can now walk again with just a limp.
Fun and games.

heres a few more pics to shock you guys, im fine now after it just a few permanent injuries but it truely is a mirracle i got out.

normal_IMG_1622.JPG

normal_IMG_1630.JPG

normal_DSC00002.JPG

normal_DSC00005.JPG

Got quite an impressive injury list out of it, smashed elbow joint, severed thumb, 10 broken toes, 4 other major foot bones smashed, leg broken in 4 places, few muscles and lots of tissue destroyed.

Only saved by the FIA spec roll cage and harnesses, hence the new one above has them in it, but bigger and better.

like i said before though as long as your ok now thats the main thing :)

proof again how good a few tubes welded together can be!

Nice looking green spitfire mate,
The crash pictures are quite shocking and worrying though lol, 40mph, just imagine what'd happen at 100mph for example!
Dread to think!
Welcome anyway mate :)
Joe

Back
Top Bottom