My Sides Have Been Done!!!

Hi Guys,

Well, I'm sure some of you guys remember seeing my car at JAE, and if you can remember it has some nasty paint work on the sides. Finally! I've had the work done and I'm very happy with the job that AutoPaintWorks have done!

Anyway here's the car so far, before its been polished as I was losing the Light!

Sides04.jpg

Sides03.jpg

Sides02.jpg

Sides01.jpg

Its funny how it changes colour in the different light... didn't notice that when taking the photos, I'll try and get some really decent photos done when its light and in a pretty place...

well happy now

loads better than it was @ JAE mate!

Now, this is going to be just me here, but I reckon it would look better with the black bumpstrips on.

Hally said:
loads better than it was @ JAE mate!

Now, this is going to be just me here, but I reckon it would look better with the black bumpstrips on.

agree with you about the bumpstrips.. think they would suit the red but each to their own!!

well done johnathon, looks neat!

Looks like a 1st class job mate.

Got to get mine done at some point too, got some weird paint defect thing going on but it's well out of finish warrenty.

Chawkie said:
Ya, alot better than JAE, was it filler or primer was all over the sides of it?

I think it was grey primer, had a good look @ it when I was parked next to it on the Sunday! :P

It was primer to protect bare metal that the bump strips had pulled off when they came off, and I only took them off cause they went mouldy at the front and so glad I did as I found rust under them...

anyway, today I'll get a photo of the new girll on, and hopefully its not rained overnight so U can see it in better light and now its been polished. O, and it so needs lowering now to make thoses alloys look even better,

Jonathan

oi oi can you find out the exact paint code/info used as when i had mine done the red was a tiny bit off so geting car done again for free, just need correct paint info!

Simcard said:
oi oi can you find out the exact paint code/info used as when i had mine done the red was a tiny bit off so geting car done again for free, just need correct paint info!

Simcard man, your cars had more paint than the Forth Bridge :lol: ;)

Simcard said:

The guy mixed it so it was the "right" shade of red. So no codes...

Should be AR2 Carmine Red for our cars anyway. Had some mixed up in Halfrauds today for the JDM grill. Wheather it matches or not we'll see tomorrow :cool:

Simcard said:

Just so you know, even if you get the right colour code it never matches! Main reason is that it's the colour the car was when it was first manufactured...not what it is after x years of sun, wind and rain on it! Bought some for mine, and it was WAY brighter than it should have been - from 2 different paint shops too.

Find someone who will match it off the car rather than the code - it looks so much better.

If you still want to use the colour code, it's on the back of the engine bay on a metal plate (under the bonnet, below the windscreen).

Rach.

Back
Top Bottom