N15 Si My new bumper :)

Got a new bumper and side skirts , still need to put on side skirts havnt had much time to do anything and bad weather grr :( , bumper needs a little more work maybe few more coats of paint im not working with fiberglass again lol i hate the stuff :rasp: , anyways hope you like it .

All i want now is a new grille might have a go at making my own up since there pretty pricey to get it seems , and lower it and get a new bk bumper on too.

Looks like a good fit, although it doesn't flatten out underneath the grill.

Glad you put black mesh in as well.

Not to my taste, but it would be boring if everyone was the same.

I'm glad you used black mesh! i think if the mesh of the grille and the mesh of the kit were the same it would improve it!

(if you're wondering the answer is 'A - employing the 'if you can't say anything nice dont say anything at all' method of posting to questionable styling)

thxs for the comments , yeh i hate any other kinda mesh other than black dunno why lol sucks having the number plate where it is gonna have to sort that.
and yeh i want to get a grille and mesh it with the same stuff and have almera written in chrome lettering in the center

as long as it's reflective i don't see there being a problem. Probably best to check first though.

Any other plans for the car apart from skirts, rear bumper and grill?

Stick on plates are illegal as the materials do not carry a BSAU mark (British Standard Authorised Usage).

Not a fan of that bumper but least you used black mesh,paited it and fitted it well.

Damo-Sri said:
Stick on plates are illegal as the materials do not carry a BSAU mark (British Standard Authorised Usage).

looks like a standard number plate to me, looks identical to the ones i make in work.

get a bit more top coat on that bumper, let it dry a couple of days, quick flat back and get some laquer on it, it needs to shine! again, not my cup of tea but i respect you doing something different, it should look less 'in your face' with the skirts fitted. which side skirts have you got? thing is, its so easy to fall into the territory of putting a gti bodykit on a non gti, like i did lol........

Corbs said:
Sorry mate but I dont like it, although the finish is very good! Did you spray it yourself?
yeh i primmed it and then over coat but its not as great as the pic makes it out it needs alot more top coat to get the shine , fiberglass sucks the paint up big time

tommo said:
get a bit more top coat on that bumper, let it dry a couple of days, quick flat back and get some laquer on it, it needs to shine! again, not my cup of tea but i respect you doing something different, it should look less 'in your face' with the skirts fitted. which side skirts have you got? thing is, its so easy to fall into the territory of putting a gti bodykit on a non gti, like i did lol........
I got custom side skirts i havnt seen them on any almera b4 , i like the kit myself because it is diffrent which i like bein lol but each to there own i guess

mattmera said:
as long as it's reflective i don't see there being a problem. Probably best to check first though.

Any other plans for the car apart from skirts, rear bumper and grill?
i was thinkin of lowering it but the kit is pretty low itself and im worried i wont be able to even get out of my drive way if i do that lol umm apart from that just mess around with the interior and try and match its looks with the outside ie white leather on the side doors/white dials etc
anyway hows ur mera doin mate?

slim"chay"d said:
i like the kit myself because it is diffrent which i like bein lol but each to there own i guess
Its not that different :lol: . Its known as "that" bumper on barryboys for usually being seen on shopping trolleys instead of toyota supra's and the like.

Back
Top Bottom