N16 GRP Parts from K-Kustom

edk

Addicted to Torque
Staff member
As posted by Kristian - http://www.almeraownersclub.com/showthread.php?t=31604

If we can get at least 3 people interested then we might be able to get things made. I discussed with Kristian about a GRP bonnet. Now mine is different to that of a UK N16 bonnet (it's an N16 'Pulsar' bonnet (see my thread/click my signature picture for examples)), so I'd like to know if anyone is intested in doing a front end conversion like mine? If they are then PM me and we'll talk business.

Otherwise is anyone also interested in N16 wings? I assume the same applies in that we'll need 3 people interested to make it worth Kristian's while.

So lets just see who's interested first and we'll go from there. I think it's best if you come to me with questions and comments and I'll go to Kristian, as he only needs to be involved directly by you all once we have 3 confirmed. So please keep this thread to name lists ONLY and PM me if you need :). I'll update this first post with info as and when it comes :).

Standard Bonnet:

Wings:

N16 Pulsar Bonnet: - click my signature picture to see what this is.

INFO
Q: Would you not be able to do a mould for the standard bonnet, then get it reshaped before finishing to make it like yours?
A: (I've PM'd Kristian about this).

Standard Bonnet:

Wings:
1. edk
2. liamtucker

N16 Pulsar Bonnet:
1. edk
2. liamtucker?

I will be up for a standard bonnet or a pulsar bonnet in carbon. more then likely the standard Bonnet due to the fact I need to mod the front bumper but depends how much that costs

I am thinking carbon because its going to cost a lot to paint. I think your looking at 200-300 quid to paint the bonnet and the finish won't be as good as carbon

my bonnet is starting to rust where the welded it :(

As explained Darren you need to get at least three people interested for that to be possible. So which one is it, standard or pulsar??

Standard Bonnet:

Wings:
1. edk
2. liamtucker

N16 Pulsar Bonnet:
1. edk
2. liamtucker?
3. Darren?

Excuse my ignorance chaps, but whats the pulsar bonnet look like?

I'm tempted by a carbon standard bonnet like, just trying to imagine it on my red N16

Mick

Sorry Mick yeah I didnt make that clear. I've now edited the first post to tell people what the N16 Pulsar bonnet is.

Darren, it's in the link at the top of the first post mate.

Could you do a GRP bonnet with a carbon skin? This i would like :cool:

This is how they would be done anyway.. not as the GRP bonnet with a CF skin.. but just a tissue matting backing to thicken it ip.. CARBON is Astonomical in cost in comparison to Glass of the same size. Imagine 18x times as much per m2

The underneaths are done in GRP.. with black resin.

Awaiting price confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom