N16 phase 1 headlights

Could someone link me to the guide for the n16 ph1 headlight and indicator removal guide please I can't find it? I want to tint them and I want to get osram diadems, does anyone know which bulbs I will need?

Remove the front indicator by popping the bonnet and disconnecting the wiring loom. locate the silver plastic clips at the back of the unit and push them together while also pushing them outwards. It should just pop out quite easily.

The headlights require removal of the front bumper. If you've not done it before, you need to unbolt the grilles, pull them out, and then remove all the bolts at the top of the bumper (I think there's about 5), two underneath connecting to the front crossmember, and two in the wheel arches (these require you to get a bit rough with the arch liner and pull it back, but it'll be fine).

Then It's just a case of two bolts at the top of the headlight, and one on the side. It's the last one that's obscured by the bumper. It will still be held in place by a plastic clip underneath, but just pull the unit out and towards you, and it'll pop out. Obviously, make sure you've disconnected the wiring before wrenching the unit out, otherwise you might have some unexpected soldering to do.

And sorry if this is badly written, it was typed on my phone while on the train to work!

Good luck.

Remove the front indicator by popping the bonnet and disconnecting the wiring loom. locate the silver plastic clips at the back of the unit and push them together while also pushing them outwards. It should just pop out quite easily.

The headlights require removal of the front bumper. If you've not done it before, you need to unbolt the grilles, pull them out, and then remove all the bolts at the top of the bumper (I think there's about 5), two underneath connecting to the front crossmember, and two in the wheel arches (these require you to get a bit rough with the arch liner and pull it back, but it'll be fine).

Then It's just a case of two bolts at the top of the headlight, and one on the side. It's the last one that's obscured by the bumper. It will still be held in place by a plastic clip underneath, but just pull the unit out and towards you, and it'll pop out. Obviously, make sure you've disconnected the wiring before wrenching the unit out, otherwise you might have some unexpected soldering to do.

And sorry if this is badly written, it was typed on my phone while on the train to work!

Good luck.
Thanks for that, might just be easier to leave the headlights on then if that is the case

Thanks for that, might just be easier to leave the headlights on then if that is the case

Easier, yes. But the result won't be as good. Honestly, I'm far from experienced with cars, and it took me about half an hour with my basic Halfords tool set to get a headlight out. Plus you can use the time with the bumper off for other things. Inspect the front for corrosion, apply some underseal, clear out the radiator matrix of debris etc.

Easier, yes. But the result won't be as good. Honestly, I'm far from experienced with cars, and it took me about half an hour with my basic Halfords tool set to get a headlight out. Plus you can use the time with the bumper off for other things. Inspect the front for corrosion, apply some underseal, clear out the radiator matrix of debris etc.
Did it line up alright when you put the bumper back on? Could do that, need to sort my splitter out too

Back
Top Bottom