New "done by me" Suede Door Cards

• Thread starter Thread starter mattlivermore
  • Start date Start date
M

mattlivermore

Hello all, got bored today, still waiting for bodykit so decided to do something constructive instead of twiddling my thumbs.

Went and got some suede material stuff, and re-trimmed my door cards! I've never tried doing this, so I was quite happy for a first attempt. :)

suedeinteriorsz8.jpg

Will hopefully get the rear done next week sometime.

Oh, I also changed discs and pads all round, and painted calipers in the meantime :)

paintedonfmt6.jpg
paintedonrqu2.jpg

I'll try and take some more pictures when I do the rear ones. Unfortunatly, the bit that has been re-trimmed does NOT come away from the whole door-card. Was just a case of ripping the old material off, using that as a template to cut the suede, then spray-glue and stick!

Will knock up a how-to when i do the back ones. :)

Got the material from Motor-World = staff discount ;)

It's by Rezistance, and priced at £24.99 for 2 metre squared.

The fake leather is £19.99 for the same amount, but looks very plasticy imo.

Damn, just checked my own companies website, should of baught the material online! - Linky to Motor-World Rezistance Page

I'm sure there are also cheaper places that do it too :)

Gonna have a go at doing the rear tomorrow. I will take plenty of photos and make a how to :)

Thanks for the comments,

/Matt

good idea and it does look ok, but i think its bright as fook and i hope you got your sunglases handy. you need to do the seats to match as i think it look quite odd

matches the outside though, which I like :)

showed the girlfriend the pic of the suede and she says she really doesn't like it :confused:. I like it a lot more than fake leather... she says "anyway, its your choice..." So I dunno anymore!

Was about to buy a loada suede too haha

Dammit, good point about the seats. Will have to get some black/red buckets now. :( My poor wallet...

Think i'd probably go for the vinyl (faux leather) if I went for black... which I actually planned to do ages ago back when I had the blue mera... only got as far as cutting out the material though haha... then was gonna go for red vinyl, now thinking red alcantara (faux suede)... now i'm not sure!

aw man its so hard! haha

I think if ya do it B, do it black definatley, not a fan of colour coded interiors, the Almera has one of the least fussy interiors of any car i've seen and i dont think it lends itself well to bright colours (although that red does look pretty cool). Have a look at Andrew smith's new retrim, looks great.

i had black leather door cards from dobo's car, put 2 in but looked out of place with the pattern on the seats, and i just couldnt spend money on having the seats retrimed

Back
Top Bottom