New pics and fixed thread for My GTI

NaylorGTS

AOC Moderator
Owned since Nov '99, its had many different guises. The smoothed boot, rear bumper, de-locked thing all got done in 2002, its had 5 different sets of wheel, 5 different installs, 6 different suspension set-ups, you name it, its had it some time probs.

Spec list:

SR20DE
2 litre 16 valve twin cam
Ported and polished head, reground valves and skimmed 36 thou
JWT S3 cams
JWT adjustable sprockets
Thermoblock spacers
Fidanza Racing flywheel
ACT HDSS clutch
Ported and enlarged throttle body by Jenvy
Ported plenum chamber
Hotshot Gen 4 header
Janspeed baffled decat
2.5" custom exhaust all the way to the back twin boxes with 4.5" tailpipes
PiperX induction kit on custom intake
FSE valve
Dastek Unichip
Energy Uprated poly engine mounts
Samco coolant hoses
Samco hosing replacing most vaccum and breather pipes
Custom polished S/S covers for relays and fuseblocks
Custom expansion tank in polished S/S
Custom covers in polished S/S for P/S pump, washer bottle cap, brake resvoir cap and battery stay
Nismo Rad cap
Custom cover for bonnet catch and relocated horns
Shorted polished S/S bonnet stay
Uprated earths
2x cold air feeds
Yellow top Optima dry cell battery
193bhp, 200bhp+ more with the cam gears adjusted

Black diamond combi disk's front and rear, matching preditor pads
18x8" Obica lines running 215/40/18 pirrelli P7000
Daimyla fully adjustable coilovers
Tein adjustable camber plates
Front strut brace
Rear strut brace
Energy poly antiroll bar mounts

Nissan optional extra bodykit
smoothed boot
relocated number plate
secondary housing for second exit tailpipe
rear diffuser blended into bumper
rear towing eye removed and smoothed over
delocked
1 of only 6 carbon fibre bonnets ever made
JDM VZR grill
Carbon fibre cannards
opened out front bumper
rubstrips removed
rear wiper removed and smoothed
rear light surrounds colour coded
clear side repeators
deglobed front indicators
Custom made indicator cold air intake
Single wiper conversion
Custom S/S single wiper arm cover

Cobra Daytonna front seats
Custom subframes
full retrim in cream leather and blue alcantra
Custom speaker pods and A-pillar builds
custom boot build
2x Focal Kevlar 11.25" subs
Focal Utopia 6.5" componants
Audioson Vrx4 amp
Phoenix Gold TidEQ
Pioneer P9R H/U
custom mounted remote control in steering wheel
custom panels for extra fuses, bass controller and TidEQ control in centre console cubby hole
neon lit boot install
IOSX cabling and fuseblock's
sparco pedal's
retrimed gearknob in alcantra(and ECU cover)

And the pictures.

bootinstalljapmeet.jpg

sDscf3364.jpg

sDscf3426.jpg

jaenaylors051.jpg

Japtuners5thmeetnaylorspics094.jpg

forsale056.jpg

forsale050.jpg

forsale043.jpg

forsale037.jpg

forsale066.jpg

forsale065.jpg

forsale067.jpg

forsale079.jpg

forsale075.jpg

reflec005.jpg

reflec009.jpg

reflec012.jpg

This is what is behind the panels in the boot, they're easily removable for access.

forsale090.jpg

forsale089.jpg

forsale088.jpg

turely awesome ride fella, one to be proud of. dread to think of the £££ involved tho.

whats your plans for the new 2008 project?
david

only thing i can criticize is the reg plate, sounds stupid but to me a private plate linked to the car in some way would just finish it off, says alot when thats the only thing that you can criticize though :lol:

Thanks people.

I did think about getting a private plate quite some time ago, I was mainly looking at N15 AOC, N15 GTJ and N15 GTT, I didnt bother with it as I thought it was a bit of a waste and hardlys anyone used chassis codes speak then. They all got bought by people in this club later on, Im still glad I didnt bother with one though.

droppyd, I have had a power run, how do you think it was mapped? The last power run was on a old sun dial dyno thats where the 193bhp figure comes from, I didnt just make it up. At the same time I got mine done at that rollers a lad got his EK9 done which 2 months later he had on a dastek dyno, which was at our JapTuner rolling road day we had, and he made 1 extra bhp on that one compared to his sun dial dyno run. Its accurate enough for me.

Theres a part of me that wants to remove the ICE, put some 15"s on it, change a bit of the styling to make it a bit more aggressive and get the cam gears and remap done to see whats its capable of.
I did a 15.2@97mph with a 1.777 60ft time with this when I only had a hotshot manifold, decat, exhaust and filter.

But I think I'd be best of selling it and looking for a new project later on, maybes in a year or 2, I quite fancy building myself a kitcar of some sorts, but not just a westfield/caterham, something with a bit more style/flair.

NaylorGTI said:
Theres a part of me that wants to remove the ICE, put some 15"s on it, change a bit of the styling to make it a bit more aggressive and get the cam gears and remap done to see whats its capable of.
I did a 15.2@97mph with a 1.777 60ft time with this when I only had a hotshot manifold, decat, exhaust and filter.
But then again, why not? Yes it is amazing now, but every good modified car 'evolves' over time. You could make some dollar out of changing the theme of the car, selling off the shiny bits, wheels, interior, ICE, alloys, and really have some fun in it. People will have a moan that you may be 'ruining' it but I disagree. Yes it may have reached the peak of N15s, but every dog has its day and your car has been around for a fair while as it is now.
Plus, it'll still look awesome when you're blasting past other cars on the track.

I dunno still theres a part of me saying keep it, keep it forever, but Im one of those people that hang on to stuff for far too long.
I'd like a new car, maybes something a little bit crazy,maybes something a little bit sensible, but then I'd still like to loose some weight, get some 15"s, cam timing and remap and go and kick some ass too.
I can't make up my mind what I want for dinner most of the time lol.

Evolve it man, go from showcar to track monster ;)
It has the awesome spec, and we know how they can hold their own.

Back
Top Bottom