new pics + engine mods...

so here are some new pics of my car and I have done "little upgrade" of my engine... pics on 3 pages : http://nismo.cz/new/album_personal.php?sid=f2dea6c24d8b0586c11955176ed3c0e1

my specification of engine mods:
- forged pistons WOESSNER - custom pistons made according to my order , pistons with raised comp. ratio on 11:1
- forged H rods EAGLE with ARP 2000 bolts
- head work: reground head, ported and polished, valves - polished and reground
- adjusted block - reground, drilled only about 0,5 mm from 86 to 86,5 mm, made new custom piston coolers (nozzles???)
- regound cylinders
- all new gaskets, head bolts etc.
- new timing components including timing chain ( timing chain kit)
- lightened flywheel, metal-ceramic racing clutch with graph up to 664 NM,
- cams fromJIM WOLF TECHNOLOGY - JWS3R
- new custom exhaust: header from SS autochrome, Downpipe - 2 pipes from header (downpipe) with diameter 57 mm, joined to the pipe with diameter of 60 mm, metal sport cat with diameter 60 mm - highflow, 2 silencers - one is highflow and back box on the end of exhaust with diameter 104 mm
- polished intake manifold
- oil cooler - just not fitted
- adjusted injectors - completely profesionally cleaned, raised flow up to 30% + raised pressure in fuel pump
- red painted valve cover + intake manifold
- ECU upgrade, RPM limiter advanced on 8.500

Compresion ration = 11.5 - 12:1 :)

I hope that soon be fitted:
- Fidanza flywheel
- unorthodox racing pulleys

brakes specification:

Brakes:
- D2RACING 8 pistons front brake kit
- little upgrade of rear brakes - better pad to be fitted

Suspension:
- I will order this month D2Racingsport adjustable kit with adjustable camber plates...
- ENERGY suspension bushings are fitted

Sorry for my English, I´m still learning....

darren198712 said:
was gonna say that lol

I'm sure most people were, but he did - so why bother? :rolleyes:

Car sounds interesting though, lookin forward to seeing some pics

nice spec list,it must be torquey from way down the rev then? High comp is the best way to go with NA tuning, mind if I ask how much money the pistons cost?

NaylorGTI said:
nice spec list,it must be torquey from way down the rev then? High comp is the best way to go with NA tuning, mind if I ask how much money the pistons cost?

At first, many thanks!

to Naylor: yeah that´s right - it is big diference in torque...It has power from 1800 -2000 RPM and from 3500 RPM it is real devil. It´s pulling till 8.200 RPM :) also important thing is that I save about 100-120 grams on one set of piston with rod ... so I saved together 400 - 450 grams...

Pistons were little bit expensive - they cost 700 EUR because are made by german comapny WOESSNER. It was kit with pistons rings etc. ... But today I know that is possible to order WISECO pistons for about 600 USD...

I do not have video right now, because only today I achieved first 900 km from the mods... I have to drive till 3000 RPM, only sometimes I can go higher and hit the limiter... If I´ll have driven about 1500 km, I will go on dyno test and also I will try to make some video.

What other mod´s I plan? I want to fit better flywheel - buy new stuff from Fidanza, get bigger throttle body - or will enlarge throttle body and maybe some pulleys would be great...

hi mates,

you can see some new photos on the link below. I got some new engine mod´s - such as Fidanza, Unorthodox pulleys + fitted my D2R suspension. Also I bought sideskirts + rear splitter from O dog...
Then got also some problems, because my new tensonier chain has been broken and I don´t know why. My all valves and rocker arms are in the shit now. Until March, I would like to make this:
- new valves
- new high volume oil pump from TOGA
- BC titanium retainers
- fit my bought Unorthodox pulleys
- ARP headstuds / mainstuds
- Greddy rocker arm stoppers
- Toga valve seals
- JWT bronze valve guides
- Cometic head gasket
- new timing kit
- new rocker arms
- JWT cam gears
- Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU + live mapping

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/almeragt/

Were you running standard valve springs+retainers at 8.500rpm?

New list looks impressive, similar to what im doing...hope to see some BHP numbers when it's done.

GTi kurt said:
Were you running standard valve springs+retainers at 8.500rpm?

New list looks impressive, similar to what im doing...hope to see some BHP numbers when it's done.

no, i would like to have BC titanium retainers and JWT valve springs - 8.500 RPM would be fine... what are you doing to your car?

almeragt said:
no, i would like to have BC titanium retainers and JWT valve springs - 8.500 RPM would be fine... what are you doing to your car?

... and sorry, yeah, I had standard valve springs and standard retainers, but rev only 7.500 RPM...

almeragt said:
... and sorry, yeah, I had standard valve springs and standard retainers, but rev only 7.500 RPM...

Ahh. Very similar build to you but i'll be running JWT C2 cams....Along with BC valvetrain, VVL pistons etc.

GTi kurt said:
Ahh. Very similar build to you but i'll be running JWT C2 cams....Along with BC valvetrain, VVL pistons etc.

and what specifcation has C2 cams? probably it will have power only at high RPM, am I right?
Are you using BC valves, springs, retainers? I would like to have supertech valves... my pistons are not VVL, but custom made by Woessner - forged pistons / rised my CR to 11.5:1. I also save weight - 100 g per piston...

almeragt said:
and what specifcation has C2 cams? probably it will have power only at high RPM, am I right?
Are you using BC valves, springs, retainers? I would like to have supertech valves... my pistons are not VVL, but custom made by Woessner - forged pistons / rised my CR to 11.5:1. I also save weight - 100 g per piston...

There 275* duration and 12.5mm lift....less low end, but lots more high end. Will be using BC springs, retainers and valves yes. Safe for 8krpm.

VE pistons are light, probably not as light as Woessner but there only £30 each and will give a 11.5.1 C/R also.

Back
Top Bottom