New project

Well, with the N16 never having any hope of being a fast car without spending obscene amouts I decided to go out and purchase a weekend car.

1990 nissan sunny ZX
side.jpg

front2.jpg

Engine.jpg

back.jpg

Spent some of yesterday doing some interior strippage, hopefully get my buckets in next week. The car sounds really strangled so will be fitting an induction kit/welding up a custom exhaust in the next few months.

I had one of these, great car.... I bolted a turbo on and had a bit of a laugh with it. Also a S13 block is different and won't fit your gearbox. You need to swap over the internals. Is it a !6 or 18 ? 18 has got a LSD gearbox :)

Used to have one of them on a E plate bullet proof engine but the body was sh*t

I just let out loads of excited wee

That's awesome man have you got any bigger pics? I'm still looking out for a black bluebird for a good price, bet that sunny will fly! bit different from the n16 though!

What's the plans then? we need details man details!

sussex_gti said:
man,was gonna bid on this! but was unable to get to the computer in time.how much did it go for? congrats!

Finished w/ no bids! offered him £350 cash and he took it.

GTi kurt said:
What engines do these have?

Looks real old school.

CA18DE in mine, unfortunately not going very well (or at all) at the moment due to the fuel pump packing up yesterday!

looks great, really like these aswell as the bluebirds, cherry turbos etc, love the old school cars of any make really but the nissan ones seem so different to the more modern range, shame they never kept the ZX/GTi etc range going, so under rated compared to fords, vauxhalls and others from the same era aswell

the beauty of it too is the parts are relatively cheap.. and there's so much info on it due to the widespread nature of the CA engines... I've had mates use S13 blocks in theirs however its a bit complicated whereas a U11 or early U12 CA18DET can swap straight over realtively easy... Especially with a CA in there already!

That really is awesome (not in the literal sense of the word, but close enough!) is there any chance of some bigger pics sometime? it spurred me to go on ebay and look at bluebirds+bits for an hour :cool:

one day!

how easy is it to replace a CA with a SR? in terms of wiring in particular, anyone know?

loving the old school

and kelv id be quick im always watchin 2 litre bluebirds being banger raced in birmingham and cannock he he

Little project update.

Big fogs fitted in the front bumper (323 4x4 style), bonnet has been fillered in preparation for spraying black later on tonight + being raised a few mm on spacers.

It runs again! was the connecions on the fuel pump, as water has got in it's corroded them away, now soldered up and running lovely again!

Pictures to follow!

Nope, hence the new car!

Wasn't banking on the bonnet being sprayed in cellulose, now have to rub down the whole thing!

Back
Top Bottom