new ride,but not an almera....

picked up this little bargain thursday for 200 notes......

golfpics007.jpg

and by saturday afternoon.......

golfpics015.jpg

not bad for the money!

You better not sell your other GTi! (listen to me telling people not to sell the car i sold :( ) looks lovely though mate, even though it's not jap!

Nice, cleans up good.

Still wouldn`t have one personally (loads of them in Clacton, few newer ones as well), but there are only 2 N15 GTis that I know of in Clacton, mine & that red one with LEE on the plate (with a big chunk missing from the N/S front bumper, the last time I saw it).

lovely looking car, imo VW got the GTi right from the start and they got worse as they got newer.

whats the plan with it? sell it on for a profit or is it staying?

thats a nice wee run about

i know a couple of mechanics that went halfies on one of these as a run about to and from work, its called the mark 2 growler

sprint said:
lovely looking car, imo VW got the GTi right from the start and they got worse as they got newer.

whats the plan with it? sell it on for a profit or is it staying?

but they new one is lovely..get a test drive in one they are lovely cars..and quick enough..the dsg box is amazing you could never shift as quick

How in God's name did you get a Mk1 GTi for £200!? :eek: Some of even the bad ones go for a lot more than that!

I think the Mk1s lovely cars, and somewhat agree with Sprint, although I do like some of the later ones. Put a Mk3 2.0 16v engine in and you'll have a flying machine.

it came in as a part-ex at fiat next door to me. is so much fun to drive,just covered 300 miles in it this weekend,and hasnt missed a beat. suprisingly quick,and the handling is still as good as it was 23 years ago.

was planning to sell it on,but think the almera may go,and spend some money on the golf.will always hold its value,if not go up.and the temptation to drop a 20v turbo in......a few more pics.

golfpics004.jpg

golfpics010.jpg

golfpics017.jpg

golfpics013.jpg

err,lets not talk about the mileage,haha.its done 178,000 miles.but runs like a dream! uses a bit of oil as you'd expect.is still pretty quick,feels nice and smooth. the only things that let it down are a small dent on the passenger door,and the rear panel is a bit rotten.but nothing structural. been offered 1k for it,so not a bad profit!!

did some final work today,painted the red grille trim,and re-silvered the badges.looks a treat! will get some more pics up soon.

nice looking vehicle, was looking at one of those as my show car for next year.

My plans were too smooth it out and EURO it.
Didnt get it in the end but got some plans for a show car for next year

just a few more pics after working on her this weekend.re-silvered the badges,restored the grille trim,and just a bloody good clean inside and out.sooo happy with the results.

golfpicsmint001.jpg

golfpicsmint002.jpg

golfpicsmint004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom