New rims

Waiting on on a set of new wheels/tyres is driving me crazy. I couldn't have timed the order better could I - right over a bloomin' bank holiday ! :roll: 17" Team Dynamics Driftz in black with polished lips. Gone for the 205/45 profile as too many speed bumps in my area for 40's ! Will post a pic when they're here & fitted.

I made the mistake of buying & fitting a K&N 57i kit last week. What a waste of time & money ! Not only did it virtually stop pulling at 5k rpm, it was so loud it sounded like imminent engine destruction ! I've had induction kits on other cars & they were fine. Before anyone asks - yes. it was the right kit for the car & yes, I did fit it properly. Can anyone offer an explanation please ? In the meantime I've gone back to the K&N panel filter.

induction kits are funny business. id have said the panel would be better, especially if you put a better intake hose on it (ala corbs/tommo)

Image004-2.jpg

K&N filters

Might give that a go, although it had occurred to me that it could overpressurize the airbox ? I know that can create problems too . . . :confused:

The N16 suffers pretty badly from poor intake. If you fit a induction kit you have to ensure you have at least kept the trumpet in to allow air to be directed into the filter. I must admit I don't have a problem with mine, but maybe the 1.5 would need a higher air flow.

Mine's is a 1.8 dude. I'm about to modify the exhaust anyway, taking out one of the mid'section boxes. It's superquiet at the mo & I like a little character to the exhaust note. The rear box is a Remus, but made no difference to the noise at all. I don't want a boombox, just a little extra. Spoke to a custom maker & the robbing git wanted £200+VAT for just the middle pipe ! No chance :rasp:

Airbox

Yes, it is possible. I found that out in a motorbikebike mag - a guy was doing a DIY tuning job on his 600 Honda, and thought that by ram-air feeding his standard airbox he'd get loads more power. In theory it should (and can) work, but he overdid it and blew out the airbox ! It overpressurized and had no way to vent the excess. Most manufacturers who do ram-air spec, have worked out what's safe long before production starts.

Back
Top Bottom