new rocker (again)

hi all i no its been done loads befor but this is my attempt and i wanna no what u think.
this is the second time i have done it as the first time went bad:-
paint ran, bubbled.
the laquer reacted with the paint and looked horrid
the stencil went very bad
and i scratched it when sanding the letters

but this time i done it alot better
white base coat
took my time spraying
i masked the letters so they were easier to do
and i used a sticker

just ned some nice bolts and oil cap to finish

mikesphone077.jpg

mikesphone076.jpg

mikesphone075.jpg

mikesphone074.jpg

mikesphone073.jpg

so come on be honest what do u think

Honestly?

I think it looks the mutts nuts.

What sorta laquer do you stick on these to stop the paint melting haha? Wanna do mine red...

the paint doesnt really get hot enough to melt. engines go to about 120 degrees or something

manifolds go to about 800 lol

my gorgeous white and red one turned yellow over time, why i dont know as it was only the rocker cover :(

liking your respray though, now match the brace :)

Looking good there Andy, :thumb: & I think I can guess where the vinyl came from! :lol: ;)

Also, has yours got the black sunstrip with Nismo on the passenger side?

If so, I saw you in the Tollgate area the other week, around lunchtime when I was in the van.

Nice rocker cover! Glad to see some of my customers know what there doing! And that CRX wont be in your pics come sunday so take some while you can! ;)

should i really match the strut brace i sprayed it another red to be different :confused:

nismo on the drivers side yeah that would have been me where abouts u from then.

looks good but i would spray the brace the same colour and clean up the rest of the bay with a pressure wash

looks sweet. when ya take the cover off dont ya need a new seal or not . might sound a daft ? but i always thought ya did ... planning on doing mine shortly

You're supposed to but i've never bothered, only put liquid gasket on the bit that sticks out on the left near where the timing chain is (you'll know what i mean when you see it haha)

Back
Top Bottom