new seat!

after being messed around the first time for a recaro,had to wait ages for the right seat to come up.found this one on ebay,managed to get it for 80 quid.not a bad price i think.has a bride mr2 subframe,but it says hp10 on the bottom,so am hoping its from a primera and may fit! will get pics up of it fitted by the weekend.

sparcoseat003.jpg

sparcoseat002.jpg

got a bucket seat in mine now and its great, they hold you nicely through the bends, problems come with everything else other than going around corners quickly :lol: , getting in and out is fun, my dads particularly funny as he seems to fall in the seat after getting his legs in, then getting out is fun aswell, having to climb over the side bolster, very awkward if you park quite close to a wall like mine is everyday, also gets you strange looks in car parks from non car people wondering what your doing. reversing is also awkward as turning in your seat is harder than it sounds with a bucket seat, manageable but its just that bit more awkward. mine also feels stiffer now as the bucket is less padded than the original seat so you feel everything.

BUT i love it :lol: , plenty of downsides but you do feel alot more connected, great through the bends when your held firm in place and not sliding around like usual, makes you think your a racing driver (we can all dream :lol: ) and i think they look great aswell.

probably wont have as many downsides as i have with yours being reclining, mines fixed back so the sides are higher making getting in and out more awkward, you will enjoy it though. universal subframes with brackets welded on will be ok if the current one doesnt fit, mine looks to be that

yep,is the wire for the seatbelt pre-tensioner.will use the original almera one.fitted her today,need to just clean up the brackets i had to make/adapt,and paint. feels so nice.

Br3n,you dont know how many times ive watched that film,and finally got a copy on dvd for my bday! fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom