pics at last!!

• Thread starter Thread starter jps1300
  • Start date Start date
J

jps1300

finally sorted my pics for evetyone to see, aswell as some info on my car!

I know its not the most mental almera out there, but I like it.
I didn't opt for the Phase 1 or 2 gti kit because a lot of people have that, except for the wheels its quite a subtle looking car.
Some people say the seat cordoba splitter a bit odd because i had to cut it in half because it wasn't wide enough. so theres a gap in the midde. if you like it or not its personal preference, but i dont mind it + its about 1-1.5 inches deeper than a laguna one.
I had 17's on it for the first 6-8 months, then splashed out on the 19's its currently wearing. its lowered 35 or 40mm, cant remember exactly, but could'nt afford coilovers!
The exhaust was shipped over from the USA, i know for a fact, you cant get them over here. Its just a back box which was actually listed for 200sx, 300zx and R32 and R33 skylines believe it or not. But i decided to take a risk and after some welding it was fitted. the connector pipe was about 1-1.25 inches wider than my centre section pipework (as i kinda guessed when ordering) which is why it took a while to fit. But it sounds awesome if I do say so myself!
I'll do a proper lis of whats in or on it in my next post! cheers, ian

Attachments

• almera2.JPG
    almera2.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 144
  • almera3.JPG
    almera3.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 109
  • almera4.JPG
    almera4.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 94
  • almera5.JPG
    almera5.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 95
Nice moto all u need now is some phase 2 lights :) and a 40mm drop to make it look even nicer :)

and welcome to the forum :welcome:

cheers mate! i appreciate it.
yeah,, the phase 2 lights are awesome, just they aren't too cheap are they, i love the 'black surround' front lights on the phase 2 gti too!

my spec sheet!

THE CAR: 1996 P reg NISSAN ALMERA N15 1.4 SI 16v 3 DOOR

PARTS AND EXTERIOR:

* K&N 57i INDUCTION KIT
* BOMZ RACING N1 BACKBOX WITH 4" TIP, WITH REMOVABLE SILENCER
* SPAX 40MM LOWERING SPRINGS
* 19" TEAM DYNAMICS K2 ALLOY WHEELS WITH KUMHO RUBBER
* JAPANESE AND USA STYLE NISMO LOGO/BADGE FRONT AND REAR + SPOILER
* SEAT CORDOBA FRONT SPLITTER
* CAT1 REMOTE ALARM AND IMMOBILISER, LETS BE FAIR, YOU NEED ONE!

IN-CAR ENTERTAINMENT:

* HEADUNIT - ALPINE CDA-9812RB
* POWER CAP - ROCKFORD FOSSGATE 'PUNCH' 1 FARAD
* COMPONENT AMP - ALPINE MRV-T707 2 CHANNEL 2x225W MAX
* COMPONENT SPEAKERS - ALPINE SPR-17LS 17CM 350W MAX
* SUBS AMP - ALPINE MRD-M1005 1800W MAX/1000W RMS @ 2OHMS
* SUBS - 2 X APLINE SWR 1222D 12" 15OOW MAX/ 500W RMS @ 2 OHMS
* GOLD TERMINALS AND DECENT WIRING USED THROUGHOUT

THE PICS YOU MAY HAVE SEEN ARE OF MY OLD INSTALL, THE NEW KIT LISTED ABOVE IS OF MUCH BETTER QUALITY, AND IS EVEN LOUDER! BUT WAHT I LOOK FOR IS SOUND QUALITY, THAT IS WHY I HAVE STUCK WITH ALPINE PRODUCTS SINCE DAY 1. THERE MAY STILL BE A HEADUNIT UPGRADE TO AN ALPINE CDA-9855R WITH AMPLIFIER LINK SOON, BECAUSE THERE ARE EVEN MORE SOUND OPTIONS THAN MY CURRENT UNIT.
I ALSO USED TO HAVE AN AI-NET ALPINE ERA-G320 14 BAND GRAPHIC EQUALIER, BUT A FAULT OCCURRED AND I REMOVED IT.
i NO LONGER HAVE REAR SPEAKERS EITHER BECAUSE FOR THE TIME BEING ATLEAST I HAVE NO NEED FOR THEM, MR OLD SPEAKERS WERE ALPINE 2003 MODEL TYPE 'S', BUT I HAVE UPGRADED TO 2005 MODEL TYPE 'R' COMPONENTS WITH SEPERATE TWEETER.
MY OLD SUBS (JBL GT4-12 250W RMS/ 1000W MAX) DONT EVEN COMPARE TO MY NEW TYPE R's, THEY ARE JUST SO POWERFUL AND THEY WEIGH ABOUT 10KG ATLEAST EACH!
I USED TO HAVE TWO SEPERATE ALPINE V12 2 CHANNEL AMPS BRIDGED (600W MAX) RUNNING EACH JBL SUB, WHICH I THOUGHT WAS GOOD. BUT THE NEW MRD-M1005 MONO AMP CAN RUN AT 2 OHMS, WHEN I RECIEVED THE AMP, THERE WAS A TEST SHEET SPECIFYING THE POWER RATING, IT WAS 1056W RMS, THAT 56WATTS MORE THAN QUOTED BY ALPINE! IT JUST KICKS ARSE! I ALSO OPTED FOR THE SPECIFIC 2 OHM SUB AS APPOSED TO THE 4 OHM ONES TO GET MORE OUT OF THEM.

SORRY IF I'VE BEEN BORING YOU, I JUST LOVE CAR AUDIO!

I'LL TRY AND GET PICS OF MY NEW ICE WHEN I CAN!

CHEERS,
IAN

jps1300 said:
cheers mate! i appreciate it.
yeah,, the phase 2 lights are awesome, just they aren't too cheap are they, i love the 'black surround' front lights on the phase 2 gti too!

yeah the phase 2 GTi lights are nice :)

Back
Top Bottom