Pics of my GTi

ok here are some pics of my GTi...not had it long and not had much time, so it's pretty much as I bought it apart from the things listed below:

(updated 05/02/07)
  • New front tyres
  • Seat covers
  • Engine bay painted
  • NGK Iridium spark plugs
  • Magnecor 8mm HT leads
  • Bumper resprayed
  • New wipers all round

Things to do:

• De-rusting and painting the calipers
  • Grooved brake discs front and back with new pads
  • Scorpion exhaust
  • putting the Nissan badge back on the back!

Haven't been able to paint the spark plug area today, as I haven't got my wrench with me...that's next on the list!

Ok, so here are the pics...

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Thar he be :)

Rach.

its whats on the outside that counts!! get it cleaned!!!!!! nice car tho what you done to your engine sprayed it matt?

johnygti said:
its whats on the outside that counts!! get it cleaned!!!!!! nice car tho what you done to your engine sprayed it matt?

Thanks...well it's getting sprayed on Wednesday, so waiting until that's been done, it's just gonna be covered in dust afterwards.

Yeah it's aluminium, didn't want a chrome finish, so went for matt aluminium :)

Rach.

Please lose the seat covers, get some all black ones if you need to but they look shite. Engine looks really good, as does the whole car, very tidy example.

Damo-Sri said:
Please lose the seat covers, get some all black ones if you need to but they look shite. Engine looks really good, as does the whole car, very tidy example.

lol maybe I will...they were the most decent ones I could find ;)

Thanks for the other comments though :)

Rach.

gloves86 said:
lol maybe I will...they were the most decent ones I could find ;)

Thanks for the other comments though :)

Rach.

Ha, fair enough, it is a nighmare trying to find ones that dont have '2fast2furious' written on them so top marks for avoiding those! :)

Jockrock said:
looks good. I'm a big fan of that colour.

Thanks :) I was a little unsure about the colour at first, but now I love it! Just hoping the colour match on the bumper respray is going to be good!

Rach.

nismo_billy said:
Where you getting it resprayed?

JP Autos in Loughborough...it's my landlord's uncle, so got a good price ;) he says he'll match it to the bodywork rather than the colour code, so it should be ok. He's been doing bodywork for years, so fingers crossed! It's going in on Wednesday.

Rach.

yep, thats my favourite colour too. wish i could have found one but had to settle for blue in the end! i agree about the seat covers, they all look pants, and y-fronts too, not just briefs.

What pain did you use on the engine bay? will be interesting to see how well it does especially with the extreme temp of the manifold.

K33 ELV said:
What pain did you use on the engine bay? will be interesting to see how well it does especially with the extreme temp of the manifold.

It's high temp engine paint - withstands up to 600 deg C, should be ok hopefully!

*edit* Just read the can...it's extreme high temp paint for manifolds and engine bays :)

Rach.

well...the car's gone in for it's respray - won't get it back until Friday now :( Fingers crossed it's a good job! Just bought some new Magnecor 8mm HT leads and NGK plugs for him, so he'll be good as new once it's all fitted ;)

Next on the list is vented discs!

Will post new pics of the engine bay when the new plugs and leads are fitted :)

Rach.

Back
Top Bottom