Polishing bodywork

For the first time ever i was out last weekend polishing paintwork.
T Cut Colour & Autoglym Super Resin polish.
The results were pretty good but .. how the hell do i remove bits of grit embedded in the paintwork without having to resort to using my fingernails ?
Also .. can anyone recommend a good snow foam or something similar ?

cheers in advance

Oh ouch, before any polishing it's advisable to Clay Bar the paint work first. Also use a tar / big remover on obvious large debris. if you don't all you end up doing to spreading the debris and grit around the paint and create swirls marks or even scratches.

Bilt Hamber make a great Clay Bar that uses only water for lubrication. have a Google for clay bars to understand what they are and how they work as it's probably better explained and shown :)

Hope that helps.

ive always used the meguires clay bars they are good, im quite lucky in the fact ive got a machine polisher and a full detail kit but if you don't have access to one you can get results even with just a clay bar and a restore polish and a finishing polish

You can use white-tac, probably blue too, but more difficult to see contaminants, mixed with a drop of white vinegar and flour instead of more expensive fine clays. A mixture of a tiny bit of car shampoo and a lot of water can be used for the lube.

For the bits of tar, I'd recommend Autoglym tar remover, it comes out a bit fast though so squirt it on a fine paint brush and dab it on, that way one bottle will last for ages.

Back
Top Bottom