Progress so far

A few pics on the car now i finally figured out how to get them here.
The car when i first got her and had her sparkling away
gti.jpg

midway through removing the foglights to help the airflow.
Strangly my petrol consumption has improved by 20 miles or so and i now hit 300+ on a full tank!
DSC00114.jpg

Deglobed yesterday and i can't think why you'd put that horrible yellow in there, Brilliant improvement
DSC00241.jpg

Went to thruxton for a race day, this bloke should've crashed on the chicane. Back end all over the place and sounded like a motorbike.
DSC00195.jpg

500BHP and it felt like that as well. PHENOMENAL
DSC00067.jpg

Giving her the final cleaning touches today and hoping to get of the crap left behind by the bump strips.

I've got some 18" Lenso Concept fives turning up from Paynee when my cheque clears.
I've just finished re-arranging the center console so it's ready for the gauges. Otherwise the cars staying as it is. The P2 bodykit doesn't really need any work to it. Then the engine. Gotta work out the cost for getting the engine ready for a turbo but thats the far future! Just getting some pics of this mornings work on
DSC00246.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

Looks good although I would have left the foglights in. When I ahd to remove the gunk off my micra I used petrol but have since been told it can damage your paint (Not that I would have cared anyway lol).

Was this one on ebay?

No, this was on sale through an engineer at work. Well looked after.
I'm looking forward to getting it fully cleaned up so i can get out to some shows, a leather re-trim possibly depending on how much i have to spend on my flat.

I think the foglights is one of those personal preference. The air seemed to be restricted to the filter and as i haven't got a suteki yet this was the easiest logical step.

It's nice having a car i can be proud of unlike the last one:(
Cheers for the compliments

Yes it needs lowering back down to earth very quickly. By go though it looks soooooooooooooooooooooo much better then the standard alloys.
Cheers Paynee pleasure doing business.
Will get better pics in the light. Now just for the new Knob from Cov. I've been bitten by the almera bug badly. Lot's to come so will keep you posted
DSC00254.jpg

dudeeeeee! get an exhaust on it, looks damn wrong with a pea shorter especially with a meaty rear splitter.

Looking very nice though, great colour isnt it :)

Will be posting the gearknob tomorow after work, also may be making these to order, been talkin with a chap at work who can do them far better than myself and faster.

I've got a hole in the exhaust so it sounds plenty meaty. Buying a full through system next month. 2.5 pip. suttle but nasty. Can't wait for the gear knob. Will go nicely in there once the gauges are fitted:)

i was looking at those wheels for mine once apon a time, lower it and get that sticky shit off where the bump stripes and side badges were, hairdryer some say but i like auto glum intensive tar remover.

Back
Top Bottom