R.I.P Big Blue

• Thread starter Thread starter PEA GTI
  • Start date Start date
P

PEA GTI

Ok well you who know me well, will know to the full extent my problems with my insurance company (ENSIGN) underwriters of adrian flux. well it all started a long time ago back in december 22nd 05 when i decided concentration was not important whilst driving this led me straight into the back of a pug 206. to my luck it was a little blonde chick in a suite, not a big meat head who wanted my blood for crashing into him. problems started when i came to ring the insurance company and found out they did not have a 24hr claims hot line. instead they had a number of a company to get the car picked up when the guy answered the phone he started asking me all these questions i did not have answers too as i did not have my full docs with me.to cut a long story short i just drove the car home (lights still working). the next day the day before christmas eve i rang ensign up thinkin i was in for problems but to my suprise i got the car booked in and dropped off at the gararge with a ford ka curtosy car waiting for me. At this point i thought that ensign must be a good insurance company because everything was sorted out for the christmas and new year.......... But 2 weeks later when the garage opened i was shocked to get a phonecall from ensign saying that my car was classed as a total loss. As you can see from the pictures its not that bad! All that was wrong was
radiator
air con radiator
front bumper
lights
slam panel and one wing
This is were the problems started i got an offer for £1200 and told i could not purchase my car back even though it was a cat C also my car was sitting in storage in teeside. i refused the offer and demanded that i wanted to buy the car back. So i sent them recipts and magazine clippings of all the mods with prices this came to more than £3500 and there reply to this was £1400 still no car. i then sent a letter asking for an offer for "cash in lieu" of repairs instead of a total loss offer but they refused point blank that they would not settle it for the return of the car even though most insurers would prefer to settle this way for the past 5 months i have been fighting for my car all i ever wanted was my car back it was more than a car to me as like most of us on here it was my pride and joy. i also asked the insurance company for proof that my car was still intact and in safe storage i never heard back from them on this matter so i took a trip down to see big blue a month ago when we got there it became apparent that it was not in safe storage as there was a nasty dint in the passenger rear quater and the window had been left wide open to all weathers and parked on top of a metal fence. The car had also had been changed to a cat B instaed of C. I wrote another letter with photos to prove that it was not in safe storage and had more damage to it than when it went in. I got a reply from them with a more reasonable offer of £2100 for my car without the return of her and no mention of the extra damage regretfully i have had to settle with them as i cannot see this proceding much futher as i dont know where i exactly stand. Here are some pictures showing you the damage to the car after the accident and whilst in 'safe' storage Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post.

Attachments

• pea's mera GTI .jpg
    pea's mera GTI .jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Big Blue No1.jpg
    Big Blue No1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 129
  • big blue smash.JPG
    big blue smash.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 138
  • CAM_0649.JPG
    CAM_0649.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 123
  • big blue smash 3.JPG
    big blue smash 3.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 129
would just like to add that i will also miss big blue now that i know pea cant buy her back . as i spent most of last year in convoy with her to the car shows and will always have a place in my heart too. R.I.P

That sucks mate. Thought i had a stuggle with my calim and mine was not half as bad!
A goog friend had just had a civic coupe written off with very little damage-which was taken to a salvage yard in basildon without his permission, skuffed and scratched the same as you. When we got there to remove mods and personal stuff they said we had "no right" to touch the veichle!!! Long story short we got the ok to take off mods and alarm under the condition we had to put it all back to standard(so they could keep the car and auction it- the fuckers!!!) so we put on 4 flat steelies and i took the honda immobiliser with me. be warned people KEEP THE CAR AT HOME WHILE AN AGREEMENT IS REACHED!!!!! Sorry for the long winded reply but this happens too often!!!

my goodbye

my goodbye to big blue

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 72
  • SPOTTED 031.jpg
    SPOTTED 031.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 79
  • big blue.jpg
    big blue.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 66
  • CAM_0062.JPG
    CAM_0062.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 65
gutted to hear she is going mate, you no i was fighting all the way for you to get her back, what a gip that insurance company was, they will take ur money but god help anybody who tries to get anything back out of them, and the settlement you have accepted is a joke aswell mate, but what can you do when its been going on this long

Sorry to hear that another one has bitten the dust, they are going to get seriously rare soon.

Almeragirl, I love that set of headlights you have, what are they off?

yeh insurance companies are crap. i had an incedent happen on a traffic light controlled round about where somone came out infront of me. i informed them of the accident but they told me no claim had been made against me so nothing was done. till my renewal when they said there had me a claim on going for the last 6 months and they hadnt told me. well its a about a year and a half after my accident it happend nov 2004 and its still on going.

that really is heart breaking to read, i cant imagine how you must feel but i hope you can buy something with the money to cheer yourself up a bit. cant beleive they can legally do what they have done, there basically lying to you and because you have proved them to be lying its like they want revenge and dont want you to have what is yours ie the car.

if it makes you feel any better big blue will live on on my wall, iv got a load of pictures of primeras and almeras and big blue is right in the middle of them.

if i was you i would keep fighting, might be too late to save the car but the insurance company rip you off for insurance and then when you have an accident they just forget about you and treat you like sh*t. if you refused to do something for them it would be big trouble but when they want to be bullys and get there own way its fine and completely legal, how can that be right?

Pea mate you know i feel for ya, everyone to do with Almera's up here loved this car and i did too, without a doubt one of best looking Almera's, and for people who dont know Pea, he loved that car more than anything, and like he says it was far more than just a car....

Big Blue, we love you :(

Mick

Thats a fucking joke, they think they own your car because they provide "insurance". Id be inclined to steal the car back and hide it, least then you could break it for parts and they'd have nothing.

Thank you all for your kind comments. As i see it now its the end of one chapter, but a beggining of a new one. Too be contiuned......

Back
Top Bottom