Rear cigaretter lighter not working-n16

Hi all

Wondering if anyone could shed some light on an issue that i'm having with my w reg N16 'mera

the rear 12v/cigarette lighter has stopped working, it just wont work at all.

the weird thing is the front cigarette lighter (by the cup holders) works perfectly fine.

any help?

more then likely to be a fuse that has blown

if not use a bulb tester and test the actual ciggy lighter itself if not rip the panel out and test it from the wire.

Darren

i'll check the fuses out later on this morning, i did have a quick look and couldnt see any that were obviously broken

for some strange reason in my naivety i assumed they'd be running off the same fuse!

many thanks for the replies!

Maybe this changed with the later phase 2 N16s but on my phase 1 it explicitly states that the rear 12v socket is not to be used for cigarette lighters (I guess it and it's fittings are not heat proof) and the little tray below it it not suitable for use as an ashtray (again, not heat proof). Maybe something melted if you are using it for a lighter?

If you just mean the 12v socket is not working and you've not been using it for lighting fags (I use it to charge phones, BT headsets and my laptop) then check fuse no 3. It's on a different fuse because the rear socket is powered directly from the battery while the front socket for lighter is on a circuit behind the ignition switch.

Maybe this changed with the later phase 2 N16s but on my phase 1 it explicitly states that the rear 12v socket is not to be used for cigarette lighters (I guess it and it's fittings are not heat proof) and the little tray below it it not suitable for use as an ashtray (again, not heat proof). Maybe something melted if you are using it for a lighter?

If you just mean the 12v socket is not working and you've not been using it for lighting fags (I use it to charge phones, BT headsets and my laptop) then check fuse no 3. It's on a different fuse because the rear socket is powered directly from the battery while the front socket for lighter is on a circuit behind the ignition switch.

cheers dude! fixed in 2 minutes!

turned out fuse was gone, was quite nice of nissan to include that little fuse remover clip thingy tho!

wont be using it for a lighter (dont smoke) just going to be used for usb/phone charger, just gota find a nice low profile one now that doesnt stick out so much!

cheers for the help guys :)

Back
Top Bottom