Rear Lights for N16 V reg Sport

I need to replace one of my rear lights, as it's badly cracked. So, I'm considering replacing them or upgrading them, any ideas? Any recommended suppliers would be helpful too.

There are no upgrades for the phase 1 rear lights :D

Which one do you need as I have a passenger side spare I might be inclinded to sell you ;)

AFAIK phase 2 lights are a straight swap.

There are also both chrome and gold 'lexus style' lights available but I'm not going to supply a link because they are absolutely rank and friends don't let friends do that sort of thing to a perfectly nice car.

Phase 1 lights are about £65 each from my local dealership and about £55 +n £15 p&p from the scrappys.

Get a new phase 1 light, a couple of tins of tinting spray, some rubbing compound and some polish. Looks pretty good IMHO and will do until some nice aftermarket lights become available.

You see, I saw those Lexus style things, and just couldn't bring myself to do it........
Been keeping my eye out for one on ebay, but local Nissan dealerships are closing fast around here!

Never realised the Ph1/2 lights were a straight swap, useful to know.

Stuart tells all. I just didnt mention the lexus lights as I dont concider them an option...I'm glad you don't either :D

p2s also arent that nice, unless you like the colour salmon. But yes they are 100% a straight swap. I changed mine from p2 lights to p1s.

p2s also arent that nice, unless you like the colour salmon. But yes they are 100% a straight swap. I changed mine from p2 lights to p1s.

Do you have a drivers side P2 rear light kicking around?

Mine's cracked :( Think it's the drivers side anyway (lol, I cant remember)

Also - is it easy to remove?

Seems to be more P2 rear lights on ebay than P1's. As for fitting, I'd look straight in the Haynes manual.

The lights are screwed on (four or five bolts, can't remember, and also have silicone sealant around the interface with the bodywork.

Pretty-much need to take out the interior trim on that side - 5 mins tops once you've found all the screws. You /may/ need a heat gun (60-70 degrees centigrade recommended I think) to soften the sealant though I got away with using a hairdryer, brute force and ignorance when I did mine a couple of weeks back.

You'll need some silicone sealant for the replacement to make sure it's watertight, though.

Well, got the lights from Mr Sportyblueone yesterday (thanks again) had them fitted by a local garage today, for a bargain price of £12!!! The 'Mera is nearly repaired and upto scratch. Now what next....

I want to slam my Ph2 lights into a oven and smoke them out or spray the red black and then smoke them out with tint on the out side.

Darren

just how much tinting can you get away with? Any pics anywhere of tinted lights?

Seems to be down to individual Fuzz discretion this one. If they can't see your tail lights or indicators on a bright day, they'll ask you to come back in 7 days with them changed. :roll:

PH1 PH2

HI JUST TO CLARIFY, IM NOT A ALMERA OWNER YET BUT IM LOOKING FOR ONE YES, I LIKE THE FACELIFT MODEL BUT HATE THE REAR LIGHTS, CAN I JUST SWAP THE OLD LIGHTS (THE ONES WITH 2 REVERSE LIGHTS) WITH THE ORIGINAL (BUBBLE LIGHTS WITH 1REVERSE LIGHT ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE)

I MEAN ARE THEY A STRAIGHT SWAP AND IS THERE MUCH WIRING INVOLVED TO GET THE RIGHT REAR REVERSE LIGHT WORKING.

P.S, I MEAN I LIKE THE REAR LIGHTS ON 'JAGGS' MODEL ALMERA BUT WANT TO PUT THEM ON 'ALMERASLEEPER' SHAPE CAR.

Not sure, should fit, but there may be some wiring to tinker with, ask sportyblueone, I think he did the same. Hence why I bought his lights off him.

Back
Top Bottom