Rear Spoiler

OK, so I got the tailgate. I will post pics of the swap over if anyone is interested.
As I struggled to get one off a 'Sport', I got a 'normal' tailgate, which unfortunately means there are not any manufacturer holes to attach the spoiler from the original door.

So, has anyone retro fitted a spoiler, and if so, how did they do it? Did they drill holes into the tailgate, and just attach it, or did they use something which was really actually very sticky indeed?

When I had a saxo VTR the spoiler can loose and use to vibrate (very annoying) had the body shop remove and reattached sure they used tigerseal

ive ordered my pi spoiler comes with all fittings so hopefully will be here soon as had email it will be in stock within 3 days

Actually, does anyone have a clue how you get the damn thing off? I've just given up smoking and the chances of the damn thing flying across the street are getting very high. The bolts are undone from each corner of the tailgate, but it must be fastened on elsewhere. Any ideas?

From factory service manual..

Peg clips at bottom of spoiler (both sides), bolts at each shoulder, a bolt in the very middle at the top and double-sided tape all along the front edge.

Manual says to disconnect high-mounted stop light connector first and make sure the stop-lamp harness does not get caught but I'm assuming that's only if there is a brake-light in the spoiler.

Yeah, took all of that off, it's the 3 'peg' clips I'm worried about. Attempted a reasonable amount of brute force last night, to no avail. Didn't want to risk breaking it. Beginning to wonder whether it's easier to buy a replacement which I think would be rather expensive.

I think the peg clips must just 'snap in' somehow, but you can't get to the inside to release them, so it must be a case of just pulling it off.

mine turned up today u its held on with 2 bolts then bonded on only thing is i dont see how i can get the nut on the back when theres no holes in the boot on the inside

Back
Top Bottom