Removing fog light blanks

Hi all, I am trying to do a custom cold air feed for my car and wanted to modify the front fog light blanks to be open at the back, then cover them with mesh. How do I go about removing them and has anyone tried this before? Thanks

Yes i and a few others have done this.

For a ph1 they just pull out, you may be better off pushing them out from behind, doing one side at a time :) check my members ride thread, 'white 1.8 sport' as i think ive got a couple of pics in there!

Hope this helps

Am I going to have to use a lot of force on them? lol, I don't want to crack or break my bumper, and trying just now they seemed fairly solidly in. Ar they glued or anything? Would a hairdryer help?

Nah they are just clipped in mate! If your having some trouble, try prizing them out with a screwdriver, from the front, but do the outer edge first.

And i litle trick so you dont scratch the paint with the screwdriver, wrap a rag round it :)

Theres 4 clips on each fog light blank. as liam says it works best one side at a time but just press the clips in from the rear and they will just pop out forwards.

sorry to jump in on this thread (didnt want to create a new thread on the same subject) anyway im thinking of putting the front fogs in my n16 aswell, at the moment i have the blanking plates and ive heard that the wiring for the fogs are already behind them? is that correct? also i was looking today that i only have 1 switch on the indicator stalk for a rear fog, would i need to add a switch for the front fogs or do they work with the rear fog switch?

For adding from fogs you'll need;

1. Lights themselves
2. A light stalk with front fog switch
3. A relay (lefthand side relay box under the bonnet, top left relay)

I swapped all the above with dysopath, and it was literally plug and play :)

this other relay, is there a space for it to fit in the fusebox? and is there any wiring invovled? and lastly how easy to change the stalk?
sorry for all the questions

Yes mate, you literally just have to plug it in! All the wiring is there for them to work!

To change the stalk you need to remove the plastic cowling around the steering column, only 4/5 screws iirc, then its 2 screws for the stalk, unplug the wiring connector, plug in the new stalk, then re-assemble :)

Simples!

wow ... that easy :shock: i should of bought an almera sooner :lol:

brill its defo going on my todo list now :)
1 more thing, where are the connectors for the bulbs? are dangling behind the blanking plates?

cheers m8

Yup, that easy :lol:

The connectors are taped up just below the headlights, look up from underneath, you cant miss them, grey and orange in colour iirc :)

No problem, glad to be of assistance!

Just to back up liam. Yep they are tape up onto front cross member with a bit of blue tape. Liams explained the wiring system as he did the wiring for mine. Its a simple swap. If you struggle to get hold of a steering wheel stalk it will be easy to build a loom for the lamps with a couple of quids worth of wire and a switch... could build it into a electric mirrors blank plate. If you need any help with building wiring for it gimme a shout..

Doing it this way will illiminate the bother of relays or the fuse box but you will need to get hold of a seperate fuse holder.

I wired 72 blue lights onto the front of my last car and the wiring will only be the same system. I used a motorcycle fuse holder and then ran that rather than intefering with the fuse box.

Back
Top Bottom