replacing the stock cassette player with another stock CD player

HI all

I have a 2000 W reg Nissan Almera e 1.5 (e meaning extremely shite) and it has the bog standard casette player inside it.

I've managed to find somewhere that will sell me CD player including the fascia from a 2001 almera 1.5

he says it has been 'correctly divorced from the old car's ECU' and i can just plug it straight into my own almera

i'm just looking for some clarification on whether or not this is the case.

would the connectors be different for the CD player/Cassette player?

Nissan Part Number: 28185 BN310

Nissan Model Number: CY118

Clarion Model ID: PN-2316M

Finish: Charcoal gray (which matches the charcoal gray of mine)

any help is much appreciated.

How much they asking?
Why not fit an aftermarket head unit? You lose the steering controls but no annoying compatibility issues and possibly cheaper? Got an ISO harness adapter lead for sale too if you decide to go down that route ;)

How much they asking?
Why not fit an aftermarket head unit? You lose the steering controls but no annoying compatibility issues and possibly cheaper? Got an ISO harness adapter lead for sale too if you decide to go down that route ;)

the chappy said around 20 quid ought to cover it all

the thing is, i actually use the steering controls a LOT, grown quite accustomed to having them there!

the other thing i was thinking of doing was

getting the cd player and installing that

using the old casette player i remove from there as a kind of guinea pig to find out whether or not its possible to splice in a feed from a 3.5mm jack so i can have my handsfree cut in/work when i turn the volume down!

In theory this tshould be possible. Before a unit can be transferred from another Nissan it must be virginised. The only way to do this is by sending it abck to the manufacturter through a Nissan Dealer. I have done a few, although they can take a while as Clarion are based in France. If you need more info let me know as we deal with Clarion regularly with exchange units under warranty etc. I could ask the question if they still provide this service and an idea of costs etc.

Stu :)

Back
Top Bottom