ripspeed DV710, anyone got one?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...ryId_31338_crumb_31265_parentcategoryrn_31338

anyone got one of these? thinking of getting one soon, read about one in a magazine which said for the price it was good but you never know if there saying that just because halfords have given them one, £300 is a lot of money to me so dont want to waste it on something that isnt any good.

can get the screens for about £100 but i dont like the idea of them being on show and its too much messing around to fit them, would rather have this and then its hidden away when the screen is down. can anybody tell me if you can use these as a TV? was looking at these on ebay a while ago and remember seeing something you can buy to pick up tv signals on in car screens, assuming they need a certain connection so has this got it? could possibly put a ps2 in the car aswell if its capable of that, no big deal if its not just dont use the ps2 but if it was in the car it would get used more.

any input would be great so i dont waste my money, i know its not some £1000 does everything sat nav tv dvd thing so i dont expect crystal clear quality but i want something decent, expect a certain level of quality even if its not perfect.

assuming these fit just like a normal head unit in terms of wiring? obviously its more wiring if theres a ps2 and tv thing

PRE-OUTS: 1 X 2V

They're having a laugh aren't they! 1 pre-out.

Anyway, for that sort of money you cant go wrong, dunno if you could use it as a TV, would probably have to hook something else up to it.

I was looking at these myself the other day. Looks like a good piece of kit for the price.

As for the TV! I wouldn't bother. I have the TV aerials on the unit i have at the minute and unless you are parked up with the aerials pointing in the right direction the reception is SHIT! :(

Personaly something i wouldn't bother with if i ever replace mine!

I dunno about the Ripspeed stuff. Went to Halfords for some wipers last night and had a browse of all the stuff. Frankly the Ripspeed stuff looks tacky and plasticky. Even the LG one at £999 (was more) felt like it was going to break on first use.

I personally wouldnt bother having looked at them in the shop and of course the resident monkies were more interested in showing me how the screen pops in and out (ooooh ahhhh) than actually trying to sell it on any technical merit.

Veero

I was having a look round the ripspeed stuff the other week when helping a mate get his younger bro a H/U, I'd say they're made by some cheap hongy kongy taiwan mofo's, but the screen thing looks ok. picture quality was good. couldnt see any mention of features, like did it even have a radio and I wasnt going to talk to some wanker who though fusion was 'da bomb' to find out

the pre out voltage is rather low, and the design suggests that these hongy kong twaiwan mofo's have been digging in pioneers/kenwoods/alpines bins and used some old designs.
it'll play anything you plug into it, its just a screen like your tv in the house, so tv tuner/ps2/ dvd player/remote camera

this isnt bad, a pioneer one for £489 christmas special
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-avhp5700dvd-p-4210.html

had a look at them the other day, was impressed by the picture quality tbh, didnt expect it to be half as good as it was for £300 but right now i have more important areas of the car to spend the £300 on so im going to give it a miss for a while at least, can see prices dropping further yet though so maybe when there in the £200 region i might have one. the ones with sat nav will drop in price and this cant really compete with them so will probably stay a fair bit cheaper.

another thing that was worrying me was sound quality, got some speakers i bought years ago in the back of mine which are a crappy name with specs that seem decent, quality is terrible (only slightly worse than standard but not what the specs suggest at all). this doesnt seem to have amazing specs or a great name so it could be terrible.

it does have a radio naylor, i didnt think it did at first, another thing that put me off it really, seems to good to be true at £300 in a shop known for silly pricing

wow talk about draggin up the past LOL
i did do a wee search and found this, so rather than creating a new thread.................

the cost of these lil items have gone done immensely now, was wondering if any one has brought one of these recently and have had any issues with it.

are they any good, pls only experiences only :lol:

Ripspeed DV720 DVD/CD Player

david

Theres one in the car I just bought but it's not a flip up one it has a tiny screen incorporated into the fascia. Its the DV722b (the cheap one) the sound and picture quality is ok, but not as good as the €400 Sony unit I had in the Almera. It does look cheap and if I'm driving at night I have to drop the fascia as its just too bright and I can't seam to dim it. The remote is big and bulky with way too many buttons on it, unlike the sony remote which was slim / neat and only had a couple of buttons so there was no need to look at it to turn the volume up or change the track/channel.

Just tried a DVD in it there and the picture size is only about half that of the tiny screen, I think most dvds are set up to be used in widescreen so the image will be distorted to view fullscreen (not that its giving me that option) so I'd figure out whether the flip out screen has the same problem before investing in one...

ive just put my dvd player up for sale!

£150 comes with removable mp4 player to plug intot he computer and load your own videos etc onto it
the mp4 might need looking at though as it crashed on me last time, but then i never use it, might just need a full charge

it has inputs for tv tuner - cd changer the works
outputs for amps
remote control

7" motorised screen - so folds away out of sight,

if your going to buy one get one brand new, i work for halfords now and we get a few back with various problems, the 920 was the worst by far and has now been recalled but im pretty sure there re releasing it once they have ironed out the problems.

my alpine H/U seems to be dying a death now, so had a look on ebay and theres some decent looking alpine ones for around £400ish, my H/U is at least 4 years old and i think it may only be a small wiring fault now so i would buy another without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom