Sad story of the quality gti ...

• Thread starter Thread starter orange_andy
  • Start date Start date
O

orange_andy

Well after having bad luck with cars in me first years driving from a crappy ibiza to a baleno to a nova sr finally got it together n purchased what i thought was an imense car and only after loosing it realising how nice it is to drive, heres what i spent me hard earned cash on and to me one of the best i seen if i do say so me self :P

56k on the clock all modded as bought, owned by some lad on here who, in the 6months i owned it i LOVED IT! them pics remind me of the fun in the sun summer :P did around 8k miles in the time i had it :P alot of cruising and motorway mileage and only thing that ever needed replacing was pads obviously! and discs were warped on the front when i got it but only got it done few months before this..... bonfire nite!! this is what some idiots did to the inside write off without the insurance even wanting to look at it :( had a few quotes from people and they said easily over 1k to get it all back but it would be pointless!! :( bye bye no claims bonus.

also was few damaged pannel ect, and the twats nicked the pants off it yes thats rite they took the gti grille badge left her cold and naked!!

so now im left with no no-claims bonus and the 1800 back from insurance and back in the position of finding a cheap reliable car i can insure after wanting a 306td only to find STUPIDLY priced over 2k for sregs and over 120k on the clock i ended up looking at SHOCK HORROR saxo vtr :( looked at 4 purchased on sat havnt even got it insured yet and its already got problems!!! squeeks when slowing down, only got 50k on the clock so its as good as they get but even driving it just feels AWFULL compared to the GTI even with the gti on 18s n lowered 35mill far supperior, although it does feel not alot slower than the gti to 60 but as its so small u feel the speed and the gti was on 18s making it nice n sluggish,

CONCLUSSION. 2kmark u cant beat almera gti.. provided u can afford the higher insurance still alottttt lower than a vts or 106gti quote, and can afford the high petrol consumption which is crap that was the ONLY downfall on wanting to purchase the gti again wastin the extra £££ on insurance then using the rest on petty, LONG LIVE THE GTI!!!

Ah bad luck man, were those Nissan Skyline wheels on your GTi?
You could put a GTi badge on a Robin Reliant and chavs would try and break into it. Cant have anything nice it seems :(

nah some 18" team dynamics so they looked similar to the skyline

aww mate, that's gutting :( chavvy bar stewards - my dad caught some chavs breaking into my fiesta rs a while back...they didn't come back again ;)

Rach.

DevilMan said:
Fookin chavs.

I agree though, for less than £2k, theres not much better than an Almera GTi.

Tis true - I just bought mine recently, everything else is either massive miles, or crap...or both! Paid £1900 for mine, 1999 and got 59,000 on the clock...bargain! In comparison, my fella bought a 2000 Renault Megane 2.0 Coupe (I know I told him not too :rolleyes: ) with 50,000 for £4000...if you ask me, 9,000 miles and a year is NOT worth £2000! lol he's had loads go wrong with it too.

Rach.

gloves86 said:
In comparison, my fella bought a 2000 Renault Megane 2.0 Coupe (I know I told him not too :rolleyes: )

Rach.

Some people just don't listen
laugh.gif

the idiots should be hung, anything nice just gets destroyed now and everyone doesnt seem bothered enough to actually do something, should be hanging the scum but instead were just giving them more rights and eventually they just get into more serious crime, then the next generation follow them but will have to go one "better", downwards spiral imo

hope the saxo turns out alright mate, hope you dont have any more problems with it

Damn shame what happened to your car Andy.

The bastards are all over the place these days - basically because they can get away with it.

My GF's house has been egged by some local 14-yr-old kids the past two days running. I was there after it happened last night. The little shits came back and were shouting abuse with cornflakes boxes over their heads so we couldn't recognise them. Police were totally uninterested (could come and speak to us in 4 or 5 hours) and there's damn-all I can do without getting locked-up myself.

We're handing the country to the neds and they are grabbing it with both hands.

I seriously reckon that letting the police get away with a bit of brutality like they did a decade or more ago is the best idea. No more being able to smugly talk down "I know my rights!" to policepeople, if you're cheeky to them, you deserve to be "taught" some "respect"...

wraith0x29a said:
Damn shame what happened to your car Andy.

The bastards are all over the place these days - basically because they can get away with it.

My GF's house has been egged by some local 14-yr-old kids the past two days running. I was there after it happened last night. The little shits came back and were shouting abuse with cornflakes boxes over their heads so we couldn't recognise them. Police were totally uninterested (could come and speak to us in 4 or 5 hours) and there's damn-all I can do without getting locked-up myself.

We're handing the country to the neds and they are grabbing it with both hands.

Smash the fuck out of them and go to the pub. Air tight aliby if the mrs is with you, aswell as a few mates. worked for me when i battered the little fuck who tried to steal my last car. Fucking hurt that boy in a fit of rage. 18 years old aparrently and scared to hang about near where he tried to nick my wagon. Not proud of it, never really talk about it but after i rang the police to say i know where he is and he'll have his prints and blood on my car and they said ''its too late to come out to you tonight'' i did what any man/woman in this country should have the right to do and thats defend my property (to the extreme in this case.)

If they were a few years older then it'd be worth considering but no matter how mad I get I'm not going to be battering 13 year-old kids.
Mind-you, these days just telling a bunch of 13-year-olds to stop kicking your car can get you a stabbing.

orange_andy said:
:( i miss it

now i have it :D

if you wanna see it again it will be going to the breakers yard very shortly

and i shall be able to let you know which one if there is any thing left of it!!

Thats crap I hate vandels.... to be honest Saxo VTR are not that bad (hides behind sofa to avoid all the slagging), I had one for around 18months and loved it, but then I did modify it a bit, I would recommend 15" wheels makes the VTR drive a lot better and feel better especially on the motorways, & then defo Upper and Lower strut braces, these made such a difference on my VTR. I loved it but i have to admit they feel a bit tin canny, and I managed to dent mine by leaning on the wing...

I would have kept it but I had reliability issues with mine (3 driveshafts in 6 months) and I would stay well clear of the main dealers as in my experience all citroen dealers are crap....

here's some pics of mine:-

saxofront2.jpg

saxorear.jpg

saxofront1.jpg

On the positive side theres so many parts available for it its untrue I got loads of stuff from Ebay. That's the one down side I've found with the Almera GTi not as many used parts available. Also the Citroen Saxo forum is good helped me with a few probs I had with mine

Sorry to kinda hijack the thread but ask Naylor for pics of his gf's Saxo she had, fucking minted!! Hate Saxo's but this one is really nice.

Game said:
Sorry to kinda hijack the thread but ask Naylor for pics of his gf's Saxo she had, fucking minted!! Hate Saxo's but this one is really nice.

Yeh hers was mint.

But scoobysn7x, that is the pinicle of a chavtastic Saxo.

Back
Top Bottom