seat fitted now,i love it!

got this partly fitted friday,then finished off saturday.the subframe turned out to be for an ae111 corolla.luckily the 2 inner boltholes lined up,so i cut the other front bracket off the original seat and welded this to an extended pice blah blah blah. here are the pics,enjoy. is fantastic to drive with,feel so much more connected with the car. is really starting to be how i wanted the car to be. :D

incar001.jpg

incar007.jpg

incar006.jpg

incar003.jpg

I would have to get a recliner seat if i got one. Looks very nice in black.

And that steering wheel looks mint.

steering feels alot more heavier.you wouldnt believe the weight of a gti steering wheel! but feels much more direct and sharp.had to fit the original so i had a horn for the mot,and couldnt believe how bad the original steering felt compared to the nardi wheel!

Looks gorgeous Chris, i reckon you've got the JDMest almera on here - especially with that jap parking sticker you had/have!

Seat looks great i love the fact its only one, makes it loads cooler!

K33 ELV said:
Seat looks great i love the fact its only one, makes it loads cooler!
agree on the seat looking good but i would say get a matching passenger, never been a fan of odd seats think it looks daft :rolleyes:

Looking mighty fine. Is the seat height ok?......alot of people find them too high.

Its easy making the horn work, and its alot safer vwith one. Just use something similar to this behind the boss.......

tab06.jpg

If i remember, attach a spade connector on the top part of the brass connetor that connects to the horn positive and then earth the horn button.

The sprung part of the brass bit at the bottom of the pic rubs against the rear of the boss which is brass coated.

Sussex gti - how difficult was that seat to fit? Did you do it yourself?

seat was easy to fit! it came with a corolla subframe.the inside mounts lined up.i had to drill a hole on the inside rear mount,through the bracket the seat sits on and use a nut and bolt. for the outer mounts i had to find 2 pieces of metal plate,about 4mm think as it has to be sturdy! i welded these to the frame as i needed to make it wider.i then but the front outer mount off the original seat and weld this to the subframe.then made a mount out of steel plate for the rear outer mount. sounds complicated,but took about an hour all in! is easy if your handy with a welder. measure twice,weld once!

Sounds like too much hardwork... would it not have been easier to use the frames from the originals and mount those to the new seat?

Back
Top Bottom