Shamu's SRi

NEW PICS! HURRAH!

Had it a little while now, but havent had the tme to get the digital camera out to photograph it. But I got some in quickly today! :)

So here it is:
1996 Phase One SRi 1.6i 16v
JP1 Yellowish Green ;)
45,000 miles on the clock
All round Discs and ABS
GTi Alloys
Scorpion Cat Back System
Phase 2 GTi Headlamps
Phase 2 GTi 'style' Corner Lamps, de-tango'd of course:)
Phase 2 Tail Lights
Genuine VZ-R Rear Badge (If only the car was genuine VZ-R :rolleyes: )
Interior as Standard, Except Snooper S2 Neo on board :D

This vehicles first owner was Nissan UK as it was the demonstrator car at Leicester Nissan. I suppose that explains the ABS and passenger airbag. Its still got every stamp as Nissan main dealer service history from 1996!
And I picked it up from a car dealer a few months back for £1450.. bargain:)

SRI_3.jpg

SRI_1.jpg

Still plenty to do, clear side repeaters, and ive got 2 genuine Nismo metal wing badges to be put back on! Still gotta get this one lowered as well! Soon hopefully! :D

Any constructive criticism welcome!!! :D

Simon! :P

looks nice mate! really think it looks good with the p2 face lift and the colour is lush, i agree with u get it lowerd, you going for springs or coilovers??

GTi_Rogue said:

Just a bit of an in Joke with my mates, my old Si, used to have a pulsar finisher and VZR grille... many times I would get out of college to find my mates have beaten me to my car, put my wiper blades in the air, and scrawled ''Autoglyms Number One Customer!'' Across the glass in the dust and then the same one the back bumper with: "OmGz0r FAKE VZR!!!1!!111 "(even tho there was an Si badge on the back) ...Bastards! :D It made them laff when they saw the new badge tho :)

The colour grows on you eventually... even I had to come to terms with that!!
The whole, 'Oh My God, I've bought a ''P*ss Green Car'' Even went through my mind!
Springs I think, any recommendation on manufacturer though? Coilovers is too pricey as a 6th form Student... always skint! :D

Ive got a 'pulsar' boot finisher which will get resprayed and put on,(its DP1 green currently) most likely the same time I get my new VZ-R Grille from Japan! (which also needs spraying as they cant get it in my colour!!!) Useless!

Get Rid Of the VZR Badge, replace the side indicators and give it some 17s on low profiles and a drop it will be nice :)

Cool mate! Finally seen someone with the same colour as mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for Eibachs or PI's for lowering, just make sure you get phase 1 lowering springs though! And the only other thing I was gonna say was get the boot trim colour coded, but I take it thats what you meant by boot finisher? As for wheels, OZ Super Ts in 17! Although they are gonna be pricey :(

Yeah, Boot Finisher/Trim is exatly what I mean! What sort of price are the Eibachs or PI's?

OZ Super T's are sweet, I'd love a set when I can afford them! Ive got a mate who works in Halfords... he's one of those ''staff only'' discounts to anyone kinda guys! I used to work with him and he somehow used to skank Blacks (the outdoors store) for 37% discount!!! :D
Lets see how the wages are at the end of this month!!

Shamu said:
Yeah, Boot Finisher/Trim is exatly what I mean! What sort of price are the Eibachs or PI's?

OZ Super T's are sweet, I'd love a set when I can afford them! Ive got a mate who works in Halfords... he's one of those ''staff only'' discounts to anyone kinda guys! I used to work with him and he somehow used to skank Blacks (the outdoors store) for 37% discount!!! :D
Lets see how the wages are at the end of this month!!

Im not sure on the prices, mine were on my car when I got it. Good about your mate though, Halfords deserve it for the kind of profit they make on wheels anyway. What you could try is ordering in a set on special order then see if you can get them well cheap in the sale before the end of financial year.. oh shit, I shouldve have said that should I. :lol:

Right, we've just got the camera out, and here are some of the work in progress pictures of the SRi

Additions since last time:
BMC CDA And direct feed from front passenger foglight hole (new cover currently under construction, so currently feed hose visible :rolleyes:)
Lowered 35mm all round on Pi Springs
Additional front foglights
Front and rear strut braces
Almera Badge Removed
Metallic 'Arden Blue' Rocker Cover with silver lettering
Wiper arm relocated to window bottom edge
New JVC headunit to replace my knackered one

Here are the pictures!

P1010032a.jpg

The front, excuse missing foglight and plastic clip from drivers side...its in the garage somewhere!

P1010035a.jpg

P1010037a.jpg

The engine bay, really needs a stainless header!!

P1010029.jpg

And finally!

P1010023.jpg

My mates cars, quick group photo - sorry bout the rubbish in front of my Almera! :D

Still gotta get my JDM Grille, Pulsar boot finisher sorted, and of course clear side repeaters! And that new foglamp cover!!!

car looks good, id spray the wing mirrors and definately get some skirts. overall good job.. keep it real

looking nice mate, did you take off the vzr badge yet? also, just wondering where did you get it from? if your selling yours or know where to get it, let me know!!

car is very nice mate, like the style alot and the phase 2 gti headlights look great with that colour paintwork.

what do you think about the pi springs? i think im going to have to do the sensible thing and go for lowering springs instead of coilovers so i want to know peoples opinions first

i'd go for coilovers to be honest, if you fit the springs and dont like them, your wasting your money and time, but with coilovers you can lower and raise your car as you wish, which could be helpful for track days etc

rhyd4 - with ay luck the colour coded wing mirrors sould be sorted, - ive got a small patch of tin worm on my front wint that needs sorting, so when it gets bodyshopped, then hopefully I might get the wing mirros done too! Skirts! Also considered, but will depend on 1: finances and 2: wether I can get on my own driveway without ripping them off!

dub_almera - No, unfortunately if removed it comes apart in like 5 parts, which would be a nightmare to realign, (as it all comes on a special sheet of backing, so they look the same when attached) However I can tell ya how to get one brand new for about £23 I think! PM to follow mate!

sprint - Pi springs were recommended to me by others, namely SRi_Alan, and I'm glad I spent the money on them over Gmax (although I never considered Gmax!) Car looks better lowered, but the ride - which i'm sure anybody will find is so bumpy - I live in the fens and the roads here are mainly subsided so small bumps feel like mountains! Cornering is much better, passenger scaringly better!

Right, heres a quick few pic's on my Car's progress..... these are taken from my local meet:

100_17162.jpg

Quick shot of my Car, sporting the skirts (thanks Andrew Smith!) and the new fog duct on my BMC CDA intake... Oh! And the GTi black lip!

arialview1.jpg

And this is our local line up:
From left! Almera SRi, Saxo VTS, Subaru Impreza Turbo Wagon, Mitsubishi Galant V6, Honda Integra Type R, and the fastest of all, Saxo 1.1i! ;)

Looks good mate! Good some more folks have this rare colour!

get them white indicators, does a lot on the side of the car!

Sorry to revive thread from the dead, but the SRi is no longer my preferred choice of transport.....

Long live new 07 Ford Fiesta ST! :D

However the Almera SRi will be sadly missed! :(

Back
Top Bottom