Show or Speed?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mackers
  • Start date Start date
M

Mackers

im in a bit of a pickle here. i cant make my mind up about wot to do with my car. its a almera sport n16 phase 1.

i dont know weather to turbo and tune the qg18de thats in it. or swap the engine for a different one and go for speed.

OR

rip out the back seats and put in a huge install and go for spl and show car.

i would like your opinions on this thnx :D

I'm sure others may disagree, but for speed the N16 (or any almera) isn't the best of base cars to start with, there are plenty of faster cars that lend themselves better to tuning. go for show imo.

my thoughts exactly, blag its an all show and no go car then laugh in your rear view at them he he

I wouldnt rip the back seats of a 5-door out though :o kind of defeats the point! Good luck whatever you choose though!

Corbs said:
I wouldnt rip the back seats of a 5-door out though :o kind of defeats the point! Good luck whatever you choose though!

you make a good point!

sell up and buy a faster car. lol

Almera Guy said:
But get the gearbox checked out first! ;)
you will need a few re cons as I said mine blown up at 24K but thats a QG15DE gearbox not sure if its the same gearbox but Rasoo's N16 seems to be fine

Tune the QG Mackers, You could have the first QG engined turbo in UK, for less than £1500.

i think you should get lighter and rack up the speed (hate show cars), take out the back seats, and change bonnet and front wings to carbon (colour code the wings) and personally id turbo convert it

I so wish I had a 1.8 SE or a 1.8 Sport now :( stuck with a 1.5 SE which I think is the worse engine in the world for tunning

Back
Top Bottom