just a few pics of my motor:

Almera.jpg

100_0545_small.jpg

DSC02441_small.jpg

DSC02464.JPG

hope you like

paul

Wecome along Paul.

I like the Fanta can as an expansion tank!

.....and thats not the best place for the O2 sensor. It only reads 1 cylinder.

the fanta can was just there to catch fluid as a tempory measure as we were fixing the expansion tank bracket whilst fitting the pulsar rocker cover and extending the breather pipes, and i agree the 02 sensor is not wise being there, but that is on this weekends task list along with the de cat pipe fitment, short shift and general maintenace tasks!!

also on order/to do: BMC CDA filter
relocate battery to boot
relocate washer bottle to boot
and a few other things

paul

Pablo_GTi said:
relocate battery to boot
relocate washer bottle to boot

why?... for the 1/4 mile the weight is best up front.....for race track use yes the weight is best at the back.

I run a lightweight battery and keep the fluid in the washer bottle and expansion tank to a minimum.

this is true, but i will be fitting a pulsar engine soon so need to create a little space in there, what lightweight battery you running and where did it come from?

paul

is that an SR20VE? noticed the purple soleniod on the inlet manifold. thought they were only there on VE's? to trigger the cam change over isnt it? may be wrong but i have only ever noticed that before on VE's

nice car aswell

sprint said:
is that an SR20VE? noticed the purple soleniod on the inlet manifold. thought they were only there on VE's? to trigger the cam change over isnt it? may be wrong but i have only ever noticed that before on VE's

nice car aswell
Are you looking at the idle control valve,the solenoids go up beside the cam cover,that aint no 20ve :lol:

lucino vzr 1 said:
Are you looking at the idle control valve,the solenoids go up beside the cam cover,that aint no 20ve :lol:

you could be right there lol, never noticed it on a GTI before but after looking at the black one in the for sale section i can just about see it. looks like the rubber pipe is gone on this one that normally covers it.

im sure i read somewhere about the VE having the soleniods there :confused:

a pic of the work we did at the weekend, decat fitment and short shifter fitment!!

it was a pain, but worth the hassle.

will get a picture of the shifter when i can

paul

Attachments

• DSC02472.jpg
    DSC02472.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 134
yer, it's my mates grans barn, it is pretty cool we use when we need more than drive space to work on the cars!

paul

Back
Top Bottom