Son of Stevo - The New GTi

Corbalicious

Staff member
Basically a kit of parts. I've still got to pay for and collect a few of them, but here's the lowdown.

The ingredients:

One stripped out, near-mint condition Phase 1 GTi. Water damage means the electrics are fried. Also it is minus engine and a few other bits.
IMG00017-1.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

One trusty, but rusty and battered GTi donor car 'Stevo'.
stevo51.jpg

Stevo will be donating loom and ancilliaries as well as brakes, hubs and any other spares I need, as well as the interior itself.

Throughout the rebuild I'm hoping to put more rust-proofing and sound deadening in so I will have a comfortable and near-enough-to-mint GTi for years to come.

The first priority will be to get it home, followed by stripping the old GTi and replacing the loom/engine to get the basics running. Going to be tough but I hope it will be worth it. Gotta be worth at least £20 in scrap if not :lol:

Cheers Andrew, I may have a few questions coming your way when I get stuck in!

Ballam-
It's Ian's (RaceworX) old GTi. He also rebuilt the engine for it :)

Looks good dude, gutted you beat me to this shell, i'm going to have to find a black full kitted phase 1 as a donor for something special, they look mean. Especially like this!
IMG00017-1.jpg

Revised Version
IMG00017-111111.jpg

Right thats it, i'm on the occy for a Full kitted phase 1 in any condition! Brap!!!

simcard im glad you photo chopped out the black headlights, there mine lol

corbs if you need any help dont ask me, i dont live 15 mins away from you when your at uni......

Simcard said:
Looks good dude, gutted you beat me to this shell, i'm going to have to find a black full kitted phase 1 as a donor for something special, they look mean.

Mate like I said you can have my can have my old bodykitted shell for very low price, then you can find a write-off and steal all the necessary bits out of it.

Nah just plain KH3 black mate, I'm just going for an all over black-ish theme there, dark grey alloys, tinted repeaters etc.

rowdy-GTi said:
Nice one mate...........keep the interior the way it is......just the way i like it! ;)

Might need something to sit on mate :lol:

I want quad throttle bodies now after seeing the red golf at the local sprint day!

Corbs said:
Mate like I said you can have my can have my old bodykitted shell for very low price, then you can find a write-off and steal all the necessary bits out of it.
I thought that it was rusty or something was seriosuly wrong, hence why your using this. If not, i'm interested....

Nice one Corbs! glad one of us (me & you) is finally doing something constructive! the planned photoshop looks cool.

What's with the naming cars thing? lol

Back
Top Bottom