steering control interface for 2000 n16

Hi Does anybody know where i can get a steering wheel control interface
for a 5 dr 2000 n16. i want to replace my headunit but would like to keep the
wheel controls, i cant find any adaptor for this model on ebay or any other sites.
Is there anything else i need other than the new facia and iso plugs.
Thanks

Have you got the contact details and price etc mate? I have a Clarion Touch Screen DVD player in mine at the moment....

Mick

Mick you really should change your profile pic and car details now :lol:

I would mate but I kinda miss the N15 to be honest. Plus I've been in 2 minds for months now whether or not the N16 is staying or going and being replaced by a diesel motor....

Mick

Brilliant , the head unit i was thinking of is a clarion , how much did the adaptor cost?

I see on the clarion website that its lists the adaptor as being compatible with 2001+ was yours a 2000

I think the lead and adapter were around £50 altogether,It's a couple of years since I did mine and has worked perfectly ever since.My head unit is a Clarion DXZ588RUSB. I emailed Clarions technical helpline direct as the Almera wasn't listed by them at the time and they rang me the next day to discuss it,and then again a couple of weeks later to see if all was ok so maybe i'm the reason it's listed now.My car is late 2000

i see its still not listed on the UK site, i emailed support and they told me they dont have one for a 2000 you dont by any chance know the model number.

I've been on the phone to Clarion today, the girl I spoke to was a total idiot.

I explained what it was that I was after and she couldn't quite grasp what I was saying so I explained in total idiot terms to her.

She then told me that the Almera 2000 year wasnt listed, to which I told her it was as a member of this club had got the adaptor required for use of the OEM controls. She then came back and said it was listed and the part number needed is RVE235W.

I then asked for a price to which she told me she cant give me a price as Clarion cant sell to customers directly and she referred me to a dealer in the North East.

Mick

Just had my head unit out and my steering wheel adaptor is a Clarion RCE-103W,there is another lead to match nissans wiring that I also got from clarion but there is no part number on that so you'll have to go through it with them.The wires that go to the steering wheel controls need swapping round for it to work but its just a simple cut them and reconnect to each other,and theres a guide to what goes to where on clarions site.Hope this helps.

For some Pioneers with wired remote option, you just have to add some resistors to your OEM wheel remote...Pioneer uses 3.5mm stereo jack connector which is easy to connect to OEM wires....

the tech guys in clarion dont seem to know alot, i couldnt get any info from them even after i gave them the model numbers. Ive gone ahead and ordered my stereo anyway Clarion CZ200E so ill worry about the steering interface later on.
im looking at replacing the front speakers too. Does anybody know if the shallow fit pioneer TS-G1713i would fit in without a spacer.

Back
Top Bottom