steering wheel,just a quick pic!

finally fitted my nardi steering wheel,keeping in sync with the jdm look i want!since pics were taken removed the horn push and boss cover,race car look now!

Picture043.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Enjoy!!!!

Looks nice what did u do about the air bag. the steering looks a bit big but different people have different driving styles

removed all of the airbag system from behind the steering wheel,and the fuse,so nothing can be damaged.is the same size as a gti wheel,but feels sooo much nicer.the only thing i didnt like about the gti was the steering felt light at speed.the new wheel is around 5 kilos lighter,so has a much more direct feel to it.

I don't suppose if you can do step-by-step instructions on how to remove the standard steering wheel?
What fuse did you remove to get rid of the SRS light?

Personally I'm not a fan Nardi steering wheel, looks too retro to me or belongs in an 80s JDM car. Thumbs up for being different though :)

is very easy.

1)disconnect battery,leave for 5 mins.

2)there are 2 little caps on the steering wheel,remove these.you will need security torx bits to remove these,T40 i think.these can be a bas*ard to remove,as they are lock-tighted in.

3)remove airbag unit.

4)undo the 17mm nut holding the wheel on.dont remove it fully,otherwise when you give the wheel a good tug to get it off,it'll smack you in the nose,and trust me,it hurts(you will only do this once,and never forget to do it in the future).remove steering wheel.

5)remove the steering column cowling,and remove the airbag unit from behind this.

6)re-fit cowling,then fit new wheel!job done!

hope this helps.there is no way of cancelling the light,as youve interfeared with the airbag system.even removing the fuse wont do it.

really wanted a suede sparco wheel,but the whole lot cost 40 quid.cant argue with that!

sussex_gti said:
there is no way of cancelling the light,as youve interfeared with the airbag system.even removing the fuse wont do it.
Basically you Air Bag light stays on all the time now?

yep,stays on unfortunately.could remove the bulb from the dash.dont have a horn atm,am just looking for a good button to mount it somewhere.may just use the original steering wheel when it comes to mot time.

you're a mechanic! MOT it yourself! :D

Or do you have to get someone else to do it for you? to make sure you're not cheating!

unfortunately im not a qualified tester.not sure if i can be bothered to either,alot of hastle these days!and i couldnt do the same thing day in,day out!

So i guess driving will be alot easier without the old gti steering wheel. any way if i was you remove the bulb in the dash and locate the horn button on the steering wheel.

and K33 ELV is intested in the Airbag system box if your selling it lol. (and if your seats do not have air bags)

last time i checked,airbags dont come into the mot,only abs lights will fail.they will probably just advise it.unless the tester is feeling like an arse on the day.

right, if you remove the bulb/fuse when you start up the ignition it wont light up which is an MOT fail as something is wrong.

And if you have your airbag light up all the time, thats also a failure.

must have just come in my car had a aftermarket steering wheel on
to stop the light being on all the time i tapped over it and it went through two mots at two different place

Bigmac_ said:
must have just come in my car had a aftermarket steering wheel on
to stop the light being on all the time i tapped over it and it went through two mots at two different place

LOL Legend that man! Thats what I like to see :lol:

Back
Top Bottom