Sunroof issues

Hey guys, first post! :)

I have a N16 Sport+ with a sunroof and lately I've begun to notice the rear passenger footwells are damp, not soaking... just damp. I suspect it's the sunroof guttering blocked up. I've got a Haynes manual but couldn't find anything useful relating to this.

Does anyone know how I can clean out the guttering and where the pipes end up once they've gone down the car?

Cheers

Update:

Pulled the carpet back on the rear passengers today and found the underlay was soaking wet. Fortunately didn't see any rust. Tried to pour some water down my sunroof drain pipes and water seemed to be flowing ok.

Does anyone know how many drain pipes it has? Could only see 2 at the front...

Attachments

• 2013-01-06 14.16.46.jpg
    2013-01-06 14.16.46.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
not sure about the n16 but the n15 has two front and two rear.

my old car had a leaky sunroof issue and I could never solve it so I ended up putting a blanking plate it.

I think Joe (shaggy master) said to just blast an airline down each drain pipe, worth a go

-phone-

2 front and 2 rear.

are you sure the water isnt coming in through the doors? i'd be pulling off the rear door trims and checking to make sure the plastic liner is still there.

funny you should say about rear footwells i don't have a sunroof and mine are the same ive never been able to figure out what has caused it

Back
Top Bottom