Why has no one throttle bodied a gti?

Just wondered if anyone on here is planning to, or has fitted throttle bodies to a gti? Im now driving a Clio Williams, but am thinking towards the future, and what i'll get next. I miss my old gti, which i always wanted to fit tb's to, but couldnat afford it at the time. id imagine with the same mods as Rowdy, plus tb's, youd see well over 200bhp. Any thoughts?

Chris.

I have thought about it, in theory, if you swapped the GTi lump for a primera eGT highport, the throttle bodies from a GTi-R would bolt on (The intake is different on the almera lowport). Add some trumpets and filters and standalone engine management. There you go.

But, a lot of things run on intake vacuum, which would need auxiliary power/control (Hence the standalone ECU) or have to be removed.

Someone on NPOC tried this and couldnt get it to do anything apart from idle due to the vacuum design on the GTiR intake

The only reason is the cost of the set-up and engine management needed. GTi`r TB`s alone wouldn`t really give much extra power. You want open TB`s for most power but this would require a `stand alone` ECU.

Back
Top Bottom