Wiring doagram required for n15 ph2 GTI

Fuse keeps blowing for rear lights?

Now i'm a full member i'll continue with the query here, now i located a blown fuse in the main engine compartment for the rear clusters, when i replaced it with a new fuse it blew again. Now i assume its shorting out somewhere, but where??
The brake lights work fine so do the indicator and the reversing lights but the front and rear fogs and the side light refuse to work, anyone have any instructions or method in finding the fault?

Now i was thinking about taking a live feed from the headlights and taking it direct to the side lights, would this work?

cheers Paul.

No mate, the car had a light frontal impact hence why i'm placing it back on the road. The lights where working fine until one day i closed the boot and the lights went (not sure if that was related), now i've tracked the problem down to this fuse but can't locate why its blowing, hence the need of a wiring diagram, could the radio wiring be anything to do with it?

My old k11 micra used to keep blowing it's tail lights. I think it was the cd player wiring shorting out on something as it stopped happening after I tidied all the wiring up.

A lot of people earth the wiring of the audio through the wire for the side lights on the radio. This is due to this wire goes to earth when the side lights are off and 12volts when the lights are on....hence the fuse will blow!

How old is the almera ? I'll dig a out a wiring diagram for you.

check the bulb in the rear fogs, my mate had all sorts of issues by putting the wrong bulb in. it should be a single filament bulb (382) iirc, but if theres a double filament bulb in it (380) then that could cause problems.

probably not the cause but worth checking for the 30 seconds it will take.

i'd check the radio. it knocked off half of my electrics when i got it wrong. this was last month. still havnt refitted the radio.
Who needs radio anyway, i like the noise of ma engine. an people keep asking me about my turbo????
im like what turbo? and they say they can hear a turbo whine from bout 3500 an up.
nice!

Check the fuses under the bonnet mate,

Ivan

Yeah, a big fuse near the battery fuses, labelled "battery" as it happens had corroded on mine and it literally killed everything electrical, replaced it by simply making up my own and voila, everything came back to life.

Back
Top Bottom