1.6 to errrrr.... 1.6

Well done on the swap...it's good to see this done in the UK!

Is the cam activation point standard or higher than usual as it seems very high?

Do all vvl,s drop out of vvl during gear change , a honda type r u can keep it in the vtech easy enough redlining it i know vvl kicks in in 2 stages but is this not a bit enoying it dropping out of vvl even red lining it through the gears.dont get me wrong i want a vzr and hate hondas im just curious!

Well done on the swap...it's good to see this done in the UK!

Is the cam activation point standard or higher than usual as it seems very high?

Yeh, 5600 IN 6700 EX....does get annoying just looking at the tach waiting for it to change. It definately needs bringing down.

Do all vvl,s drop out of vvl during gear change , a honda type r u can keep it in the vtech easy enough redlining it i know vvl kicks in in 2 stages but is this not a bit enoying it dropping out of vvl even red lining it through the gears.dont get me wrong i want a vzr and hate hondas im just curious!

They drop off the Exhaust cam but it's still on the Intake high lobe...but the exhaust change over is just too high....B16 changes both at what 5800 I think so stays on the high lobes.

dave its standard that..

thanks again for the comments im going to sort it so the exhaust cam kicks in at 5600 same as the inlet..

dave its standard that..

thanks again for the comments im going to sort it so the exhaust cam kicks in at 5600 same as the inlet..

Simple to do just wire the exhaust solenoid power to intake! But all this will do is give you noise, wont effect power in anyway.

The best way to find out the optimum change over point is to get the car on the dyno.

Do a run with the cam activation deactivated, and then a run with the cams activated from idle.

Then see where both graphs cross over and that is the optimum point for the change over...easy!!!

Cheers

Dave

i dont have the cash for dyno runs.. wish i did i would also need cash for a controller of some sort whitch i dont have lol im saving for a new headlight thats my world at the moment

its alright dude chillax.. :D

im going to look at local dynos see what there prices are for a couple of power runs.. then ill have a go at some electronic trickery unbder the hood and see where i can improve things..

i know for one thing i need a new header.. and a full 3" system coupled to a nice CAI and id really like a calum ECU but that doesnt look like its going to happen so my next best bet might be an E-manage :S

im alright now kristian Tommo still has my old black ones so im gone have them back.. cheers for the offer though :D

dave i saw you post i have a length of tube that fits perfect onto the airbox and im going to cut the inner wing and mount a duct to the bumper just like yours but it hink the box itself is a pile of shit.. its a halfrauds one and its not vrey good from what i can tell :( maybe if i use it with a decent 3" bore intake pipe rather than the crappy rubber thing it would be better..

I have e-mailed noble motorsport near me to see ho much a back to back power run would be so i can test the cams at standard and with the both switching at 5600..

Back
Top Bottom