1st pics posted (black SRi)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 939

Hi, been a member for about 6 months but I've finally got her to a stage im semi-happy with! since these photos were taken a nasty man on a flashing motorbike made me take my front tints off, but I'm actually happier with them off, as i feel less chavvy! about to ring up to enquire about some lowering springs to stop her looking like a 'Tino, and the induction kits on it's way (in a non chav way!) haha, any opinions would be good! also thinking of getting the wheels sprayed either black of gold:S any thoughts??

http://www.onaknifeedge.com/onaknifeedge/images/almera1.JPG
http://www.onaknifeedge.com/onaknifeedge/images/almera2.JPG
http://www.onaknifeedge.com/onaknifeedge/images/almera3.JPG
http://www.onaknifeedge.com/onaknifeedge/images/almera4.JPG

car looks really good...dont think u see many black sri's at least i dont think iv ever seen one??? i would spray your wheels black be abit to much i think not to sure bout gold either but thats just me

Tidy!!!

Yeah looks the bizz mate!!!how low ya dropping it? And yeah keep wheels silver as stand out nice!

thanks for the positive feedback! I've just had a word with my spring man and we decided 40mm would be low enough, as if i went any lower i'd need shocks and it'd be double the money, what do people think? ideally i wanted 50mm but i cant really justify paying an extra £100 for another centimetre of low!

as for the alloys im going to get them refurbed and get them to paint the wheel black, but leave the lip silver, i know they're not deep dish ones but again it's a compromise on cost!

as far as plans for the car go, I'm trying to keep it looking semi-standard, I think that show car styling on road cars looks awful most of the time, so im trying to go for a 'street racing' style, at the minute im looking into finding skirts similar to Abarth's Bravo ones ( http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/images/97bennorfolk/DSCF0004.JPG ) as i think they'd look nicer than the standard Nissan ones! if anyone has any thoughts or insights into that style of skirt, if they'd fit etc (similarly Civic Type R skirts) they would be appreciated:D

thanks again for all the encouragement! constructive criticism is welcome too!

i think it looks nice mate, deglode the indicators n clearside repeators makes a lot of differance and its cheap to do :). i think them rims black with sivler lip would be nice chrome lip would be ideal.
keep up the good work

very tidy motor m8. think it looks smart! problem with lowering a almera on springs is that u still have a nasty gap on the arches between the tyres and the arch. coilovers like wot i have is the best option but come at a hefty cost. not sure wot springs are the best for a almera but im pritty sure eibachs come wel recomended and gmax are ones to defo stay away from as i had these on my first gti and they didnt drop the car at all so i was forced to angle grind them to get the car low lol

how come lowering springs dont get rid of the nasty gap. is it because they dont actually lower it or because the almeras arches are so big you cant really tell.

Like they all say above: Car looks really good as is.... don't go painting those wheels either.

Who's is the red ph.2???? Looks just like mine, but I haven't got a blue top... is it a VVT or just painted up???

I went for the Pi springs! had a choice between them and Gmax but i've been warned off Gmax as they have the same amount of coils or something, but the Pi ones feel like good quality! (£116.99) just awaiting fitment.

The Red GTi's my mates, he used to be on here called 'redsri' i think, but got banned haha, he painted the cover himself and i think he did a really good job, personally think it should have been red or black like but nevermind!

kind of at a loose end with what to do next (other than the indicators) ideally i want her to go faster, but i know i could just buy a GTi:S...

i spend lots of time thinking of 200sx's *gazes off...* if i did a engine swap (even if it was just a GTi engine) id still have to upgrade the driveshaft and all sorts, and the rear axle? (to get discs all round) and then tell the insurance...maybe. At the minute my immediate plan is to keep this car for around two years (until im 21) then hopefully buy a S14a (which i cant get insured on at the minute), although an engine conversion until then would make me very happy! if anyone wants my old airbox by the way its on ebay for 99p!...not sure why anyone would want it like.

i had noticed ur mate redsri got banned does anyone know why if they are allowed to say im just curious so dont matter if not

No point swapping to a 200sx engine as its RWD (North-South)

The same engine comes in FWD models out of the Pulsar GTi-R and Avenir PNW10 and Bluebird SSS U12/U13. If you can find someone who can get you one of them from Japan then thats the way to go!

Car looks hot though. Very tidy and not overdone. Love the VZR splitters.. Where'd you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom