2000 N16 Suspension

Hi to all,

I bought an Almera about a month ago, white 1.5 N16 W reg (2000>) and started looking about for dampers and springs but i'm finding it difficult to find anything to fit my car, Eibach do a set of springs that will take it down 50mm front and 40 rear which i'm happy with but i can't find a set of dampers anywhere. Koni manufacture a 'sport' kit but i've read and heard that the original front struts need to be cut and that the actual damper is just an insert.

If anyone can help me source a set of shocks i'd be very gratefull.

Cheers.. Jackin.. :)

Firstly, welcome to the site!

If you were a club member then you'd see that we have a "how to" guide of fitting the Koni Adjustable inserts. Easy enough to do apparently.

KYB do shocks for the N16/B15 chassis...as do a rake of coilover manufacturers including K-Sport, D2, KW and BC-Racing.

I'm running KYB AGX shocks and H&R springs on my Sport+ and I have to say the ride and handling have been massively improved

if you are a member, you get discount from demon tweeks.

membership is only £16 a year, and you will easily save £16 in discount on shocks and springs.

demon tweeks sell both the koni inserts and the kyb shocks and few differnt makes of springs!

Firstly, welcome to the site!

If you were a club member then you'd see that we have a "how to" guide of fitting the Koni Adjustable inserts. Easy enough to do apparently.

KYB do shocks for the N16/B15 chassis...as do a rake of coilover manufacturers including K-Sport, D2, KW and BC-Racing.

I ordered a set of shocks from demon tweeks a few weeks back, they rang Koni for me to make sure they wouldn't be inserts.. so yep you guessed it.. inserts arrived. I took them back yesterday and they cant find anything other than factory shocks??? I've been on KW, BC Racing, D2 and K-Sport website.. nothing listing my car there atall?? I'm stumped to what to try?? Any ideas are much appreciated!

Fair enough. There are KYB Excel-G and AGX shocks available too, Excel-G's are 10% uprated OEM replacements and AGX are adjustable. As far as I know you'll only be able to get hold of them from the US though, you can source them on eBay US.

I'm running KYB AGX shocks and H&R springs on my Sport+ and I have to say the ride and handling have been massively improved

No you're not! They didnt make AGX for the N16 (even on the US, as the Sentra boys are trying to persuade KYB to make them!). Excel-G they are. Although I heard AGX for the N15/B14 do sort of fit if you use N16/B15 top mounts.

Koni inserts are awesome, end of. Those with lower springs are THE next best thing to decent coilovers.

Iv'e got nothing against them but i may want to put the originals back on at some point. Any advice on the question??

I've made a How To on removing dampers, and it includes a link to a very good How To step by step on installing the inserts. Only the fronts are inserts. The quality of the Koni Yellows is really superb and you'll notice a huge difference from standard. I even road around with standard springs on my Koni Yellows for a while, and the handling was still brilliant!!

Lol trust you kev :D

Jackin, the reason you can't find the coilovers on those sites for k-sport/d2/bc etc is because they aren't listed under "Almera N16". They are listed under Sentra B15...as the UK Almera use the same mounts / suspension as the US Sentra :)

The man Kev@k-sport is the man to talk to if you're goin down the coilover route. He's at apex performance. They distribute for K-Sport and BC-Racing in the UK and he'll tell you the differences :) We've run group buys on K-Sports and BC Racing with him before and he's been excellent.

Is it not listed as Sentra N16 on the K-Sport site? Think thats what they told me when I rang up to get myreplacement rear dampers, hope they dont send me the wrong ones!!

Mick

Back
Top Bottom