200SX turbo on N15 GTi??

The S14 and S14a 200SX both have a SR20DET engine, and the N15 GTi has a SR20DE.

How easy is it to fit the stock turbo from a 200SX on a GTi engine. I've heard you're gonna need the cams from a 200SX SR20DET, but what else?

T28 meaning....?? Sorry, I'm still quite new to turbo's. :O:O

So, what kinda cams would I need? And is it easy to get a GTi-R manifold?? (I asume you mean intakemanifold? English terms and dutch terms can be confusing sometimes. :))

You can run stock or uprated cams mate, it dosen't matter.
T28 is the type of turbo the S14 uses, its the same as a pulsar Turbo but I've been led to believe that you may have to rotate the two sides around each other to get it to fit.. Unsure about that though.
In theory you could use just the turbo off any turbo car, as long as you have a manifold that has the correct flange to accept the turbo.
Personally I wouldn't stray from Pulsar parts if you're gonna turbo your N15 mate, its asking for complications.

Ok then. But what kind of manifold are we talking about? Because when I'm thinking between dutch and english terms, you have both an intake- and an exhaustmanifold. Unless I'm translating wrong.

We I be correct in asuming that you mean a 'spaghetti' manifold, as we call them? 4 same-length pipes. I guess that's the best way I can describe the dutch term. :confused::confused:

No, the exhaust is at the front, the inlet is at the back. :)

EDIT: Here`s a picture of mine, when I had the SS exhaust manifold fitted.

100_0238.jpg

Yeah, duh.... should've known. The airfilterhose is connected to the back as well.....

Just to be sure, we're talking about this....

421header.jpg

Ah, thanks for that one Almera Guy.

So, basicly, T28 turbo from Nissan, and a exhaust manifold. Shouldn't the exhaust manifold from a 200SX SR20DET fit??

Anything else I would need??

Ah, thanks for that one Almera Guy.

So, basicly, T28 turbo from Nissan, and a exhaust manifold. Shouldn't the exhaust manifold from a 200SX SR20DET fit??

Anything else I would need??

No problem Thomas, glad to help! :)

In theory, it SHOULD fit, BUT, the RWD SR20 is totally different to the FWD SR20 (someone else will be able to tell you how they differ), so I wouldn`t chance it personally.

As Kurt said, the easiest way is to find a GTI-R turbo & manifold, as they are a straight swap. :)

Have a look at Simcards Turbo thread, as he now has pretty much everything needed to do the conversion.

I personally don`t know enough about it to advise you further, so will let more knowledgeable people take it from here. :)

A 200sx turbo manifold would bolt on fine, but it may not position the turbo in the best place, as the Pulsar manifolds appear to position the turbo a lot lower down..
I would just buy a Pulsar GTiR manifold mate, they are cheap anyway.
And yes you will need lots of other parts, I hope you know you can't just bolt a turbo on..

A 200sx turbo manifold would bolt on fine, but it may not position the turbo in the best place, as the Pulsar manifolds appear to position the turbo a lot lower down..
I would just buy a Pulsar GTiR manifold mate, they are cheap anyway.
And yes you will need lots of other parts, I hope you know you can't just bolt a turbo on..

Yeah, I know I need more then just a turbo. :) That's why I'm looking into this. A GTi Turbo would be rather unique, especially here in the Netherlands, but I'm trying to figure out if it's do-able for a good price. I know it's not gonna be cheap, but if it's gonna be really expensive, I'm probably better of buying a nice S14a or R33 GTS-T.

The turbo in a S14 fits toward the rear of the head which would put it more toward the passenger side of a GTI. Might be an issue with the exhaust? I'd use a Pulsar one.

Ivan

Back
Top Bottom