205 Mi16

• Thread starter Thread starter Veero
  • Start date Start date
Well mine aint no ordinary GTi. mwhaahaaa.

He was definately nailing it, I was talking to him after it. lol

It seems to be the season for Mi16s again.

I just had a week off work to fettle a few things and fit some choice tasty parts to the 205. These include:

• Fit Bilstein tarmac spec front coilovers
  • Fit eccentric top mounts
  • Fully rebuild, paint and fit disc rear axle (mine was a 1.6 so had drums)
  • Fit reangled manifold to clear the bulkhead (simply couldnt get the angle plate to seal properly on the other manifold I had)
  • Fit shortshifter kit and alloy gear linkage
  • Fit new brake hoses
  • Fit silicon water hose kit
  • Refit sump with new sealant (pesky leaky pug sumps)
  • Remove soundproofing layer from boot liner (about 2 kilos of soggy dead weight)
  • Paint calipers all round

However I was thwarted by time, all it needs is a new exhaust downpipe to bolt straight on and it's off down the MOT centre. Oh and the strut brace needs a re-spray before it goes back on.

Future plans include a 306 GTi6 inlet manifold and TB, a nice lairy inlet cam, probably dropping the arse end another spline on some matching Bilstein rear dampers and fitting a thicker 309 anti roll bar in the axle.

Here's a few piccies:
DSC00271.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

Oh and buy some of this:
DSC00274.jpg

It is amazing stuff, the best dismantling spray I've ever used, it makes siezed in dry bolts easy work. This would be especially useful for Nissans where they seemt to put 90% of bolts in dry...

I'm off to fit the exhaust at the weekend and get it MOT'd. Fingers crossed... :woohoo:

Veero

Ok it's all finished, MOTd awaiting July tax on Saturday.

Here's a couple more piccies:

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

Veero

Back
Top Bottom