91led's N15

So, I'm now on to my second N15. The first one was a GA16 powered sedan in green, with a 3 slat and some 16" TSWs; nothing fancy, plenty of miles on it (210,000km/130,000mi when I sold it) but it went well.

PA030193noplate.jpg

Then, earlier this year, I picked up my current car: a Series 2 N15 SSS in KK0 (charcoal). I guess it's roughly the Australian equivalent to the Phase 2 GTi's in the UK; SR20DE and RS5F32A, although we only got the SR in a 5 door and without the extra bodykit of the GTi. Bought it essentially standard, bar the Pioneer head unit and different front speakers, which is fairly rare over here, especially in Sydney.

535730_304454999637380_1351263536_n.jpg

Over the last few months I've picked up some little bits and pieces for it, mainly some Phase 2 foglights, Lucino grille, coilovers and some 17" Speedlines. I've also got a VZ-R lip and some Lucino tail lights in the shed, waiting to go on. This is how she sits right now:

PB130007np.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Welcome bud awesome colour that if I do say so myself ;) haha looks a very clean example too! Got many plans for it atall?

....phone....

I do like that Charcoal, looks a nice motor. The SSS comes with a different SR20 engine than the UK Gti's.

Look forward to seeing the pics with the Lucino's on.

Thanks guys. She's got a few dents and such (bloody hail storms) but it's a solid runner.

Welcome bud awesome colour that if I do say so myself ;) haha looks a very clean example too! Got many plans for it atall?

....phone....

I'm pretty much done on the outside, save any potential new wheels. I'd love to throw in an SR20VE and an LSD, but that's more long term stuff. Might look into a short shifter and a rear sway bar in the mean time though. Could very well end up as a track and/or tarmac rally car, given the history of this particular car.

I do like that Charcoal, looks a nice motor. The SSS comes with a different SR20 engine than the UK Gti's.

Look forward to seeing the pics with the Lucino's on.

Thanks. It's an interesting colour when the sun gets on it but it's pretty plain in low light.

I had presumed from the owner's manual that European SR20s were slightly different but wasn't sure what the differences were. As Liam mentioned, the porting could be different, although I've never really looked into it.

Hoping to get the Lucinos on before New Year but they still need a bit of a clean up before then.

I had presumed from the owner's manual that European SR20s were slightly different but wasn't sure what the differences were. As Liam mentioned, the porting could be different, although I've never really looked into it.

The heads don't flow as well as the lowports (UK) and they don't have roller rockers (but the non rr's are good if you want to go for a high revving motor) the non rr uses a catch tank on the venting system were as as ours have that built into the rocker/cam cover and they also have spray bars above the cams to lubricate them. Do try have an egr valve too?

There are some more differences but I've just woke and don't remember (or know) all of them

What power/torque do these produce from factory buddy?

....phone....

The highport head responds better to porting work though as the intake has almost a straight shot into the cylinder. They turbo quite well too.

The heads don't flow as well as the lowports (UK) and they don't have roller rockers (but the non rr's are good if you want to go for a high revving motor) the non rr uses a catch tank on the venting system were as as ours have that built into the rocker/cam cover and they also have spray bars above the cams to lubricate them. Do try have an egr valve too?

There are some more differences but I've just woke and don't remember (or know) all of them

What power/torque do these produce from factory buddy?

....phone....

I can't say I've looked into the engine side of things as yet, so that's some good info for the memory banks there. A bit of reading from PGA leads me to believe our cars have highports as standard and it should also have EGR.

Factory figures down here are 105kW of power and 179Nm of torque (140bhp/131lbft).

Yeah yours do all have the highports, mad so power is the same as our GTIs there abouts what about the gearbox? I'm yet to gather some information on what we have and you guys have tbh

....phone....

Yeah yours do all have the highports, mad so power is the same as our GTIs there abouts what about the gearbox? I'm yet to gather some information on what we have and you guys have tbh

....phone....
Gearboxes are the same 32a box as ours with the same 4.1fd in them as far as i know

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Our SR gearboxes are RS5F32A, with a 4.167 final drive and a 0.756 fifth gear in the N15.

For what it's worth, Australian delivered N14s with SR20s had the same gearbox bar a 0.810 fifth gear and a single synchro on first, instead of the double synchro first on N15s.

Back
Top Bottom