96 Pulsar Autech

• Thread starter Thread starter murphd43
  • Start date Start date
M

murphd43

This is a special edition from aftermarket tuners Autech, it's a HN15 Chassis with a SR20DE engine from a silvia, it has adjustable suspension, full bodtkit and rear roof spoiler, custom brakes, forged pistons, bigger cams, JDM stainless manifold, sports exhaust, tuned ecu, It pushes out about 180bhp(155ish whp) and it's the first of its kind in Ireland, I've struggled to find out all this and would be very appreciatuve to any more info people can give me.
Cheers

Here's a coupla links to pics, but they're not the best and the car looks much better in real life:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/murphd43/NS41809-1.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/murphd43/NS41809-3.jpg

Ah so it's you who has it now! That car has cropped up a fair few times on this site. Br3n and SRi_Alan own versions of the Autech GTi (What yours is), they will be able to tell you more about it! Unfortunately it isn't the SR20DET (Turbocharged) engine from a silvia, thats just a marketing ploy I think! Don't think its the first in Ireland either? That said I think it's a cracking car, amazing sound too! All the best with owning it!

It may not be, but it's definitely the first one to be declared as an Autech cos I'm having loads of trouble with the VRT crowd, As i said I don't know much about it other than what i've found on the net, it's not the turbo'd lump anyway but the company I bought it from in japan gave me that engine number, but i'll find out more once I get the service parts and all hopefully!

High Port SR20DE motor in place of the original SR18DE unit
sports tuned ecu
high lift cams
forged high compression (11.5:1) pistons
sodium filled valves
LSD
421 header
60mm mandrel bent exhaust system
autech bodykit
No ABS
No Sunroof
No passenger airbag
Racing Battery
205/50/R15 tyres
Cup holders
Foam seat bench that unclips and comes out in about 10seconds
Moulded into seat rear headrests
All belts/buckles apart from the drivers tuck away
Light weight seats
No power steering fluid cooling ring

Doesnt have adjustable suspension or custom brakes, though the brakes are pretty deadly so maybe somethings been done, but the calipers are the same as a standard GTi.. doesnt have ABS either.

175ps or 173bhp @ 6900RPM
19kgm or 138lbs/ft @ 5200RPM

7500 Rev limit

A 2nd edition came out in 1996 with passenger airbag and that anti UV tint glass

sri_alan said:
sports tuned ecu
high lift cams
sodium filled valves
LSD
421 header
autech bodykit
No ABS
No Sunroof
No passenger airbag
Racing Battery
205/50/R15 tyres
Cup holders
Light weight seats

Doesnt have adjustable suspension or custom brakes, though the brakes are pretty deadly so maybe somethings been done, but the calipers are the same as a standard GTi.. doesnt have ABS either.

7500 Rev limit

A 2nd edition came out in 1996 with passenger airbag and that anti UV tint glass

Thanks, yeah I didn't think it had adjustable suspension to be honest, and good news about the brakes cos i'd say i would have had trouble! Any idea of hte 0-60 or quarter mile?

mattmera said:
Christ what more info do you need!! that's quite sorry i mean very impressive!!!!

Matt

It was actually pretty cheap considering, I had it posted up for sale for €4000(~£2700) before i decided to keep it which i think is pretty reasonable.

GTi kurt said:
It's the SR20DE engine, highport i think. What wheels are they?

Nice car though.

They're ssr of some kind, came with the car, think they're possibly on all the Autechs cos there's a video on youtube of a 5door autech with what looks like the same wheels, needs tyres badly, it spins in third.

Autech's have GTi wheels, but are 205 wide. They must be aftermarket.

And spinning in third with a LSD, must be bad tyres. And £2700 is a bargain.

@ sri alan: I haven't driven it much at all but i thought it felt quicker, i've had gsr's and it defo felt quicker than them, and felt on a par with an fto mivec...

@ Gti kurt: The tires are well bad alright, wouldn't pass the nct anyway! and I was desperate for the cash but i'm all sorted now, and i decided to keep it cos they're so rare over here, very little knowledge at all on the irish sites, and was referenced here thank god!

@ br3n: Cheers, glad to be here!

@ sri alan & br3n: How do you find your autechs, how are they on petrol? What they beat on the roads? Have a few mates with civics i'd love to leave behind at the lights!

And when i'm getting the service parts will i just quote the engine number? Should i be getting aftermarket plugs, leads, filters? What oil is best as well?

Thanks for all the help!

sri_alan said:
sports tuned ecu
high lift cams
sodium filled valves
LSD
421 header
autech bodykit
No ABS
No Sunroof
No passenger airbag
Racing Battery
205/50/R15 tyres
Cup holders
Light weight seats

7500 Rev limit

You forgot the Emergency Flare down in the passengers footwell...... :D
The flare was missing in your one Alan, but the holder is still there as you know: did you track one down yet???

P23UNK: Yeah I got a flare for it just the other day!

murphd43: I had a go with a EP3 Type R a couple of months ago, and it couldnt get past (side by side on dual carriageway). The power on the autech doesnt drop off between gears. Apart from that, I cant really think what else

Vrt'd the car this morning, the only way i could contest the price was to vrt it, then send a letter containing testomies of two recognised nissan dealers saying the car's worth less than they said. They also said that the price went up so much purely because it's a 2.0 litre!!

Anyway, onto the drive, steering seemed heavy at first, but after driving around for it bit, i learned to love it! it's pretty quick, was out with a heavily modifed civic SIR and it was very close, but at the top end his vtec left me behind! It definitely needs tires at the front. Also it was idling irradically, but it was suggested that aftermarket cams could explain this? I was out with my mate for a bit too in his fto mivec, and it was close too, he was starting to pull away slighty, but i'd say after a full service on the pulsar it'd be neck and neck. I noticed there's no clock in the car, what up with that? there's green stuff pads on it too, so it brakes real well! Love the way the clocks turn black at night as well! It's also very hard to get parts over here for it, went to pro-parts, who haven't let me down before and he said there's very little available over here without breaking the bank! i live pretty much out in the country and it don't like the potholes at all, but i love it on Overall though i have to say, i'm impressed!!!

Also does anyone know if it's fully synthetic oil, and if not would it be safe to put fully synthetic in it?

what parts are hard to come by?? its an SR20DE!! same as the almera GTi... Just that its already fairly heavy modifed...

Brakes carry over from the RNN14 GTiR and the N15 GTi..

It should have more torque than the civics but a civic tope end with Vtec might out notch you...

the wheels could be

SSR - Competition H

but... they are also very similar to the

Black Racing - Pro N1
5Zigen - Pro Racer GN+
Advan - RGII

or any other similar style of wheel... Best bet is to take one off and check the label on the inside of the wheel.

murphd43 said:
Vrt'd the car this morning, the only way i could contest the price was to vrt it, then send a letter containing testomies of two recognised nissan dealers saying the car's worth less than they said. They also said that the price went up so much purely because it's a 2.0 litre!!

Anyway, onto the drive, steering seemed heavy at first, but after driving around for it bit, i learned to love it! it's pretty quick, was out with a heavily modifed civic SIR and it was very close, but at the top end his vtec left me behind! It definitely needs tires at the front. Also it was idling irradically, but it was suggested that aftermarket cams could explain this? I was out with my mate for a bit too in his fto mivec, and it was close too, he was starting to pull away slighty, but i'd say after a full service on the pulsar it'd be neck and neck. I noticed there's no clock in the car, what up with that? there's green stuff pads on it too, so it brakes real well! Love the way the clocks turn black at night as well! It's also very hard to get parts over here for it, went to pro-parts, who haven't let me down before and he said there's very little available over here without breaking the bank! i live pretty much out in the country and it don't like the potholes at all, but i love it on Overall though i have to say, i'm impressed!!!

Also does anyone know if it's fully synthetic oil, and if not would it be safe to put fully synthetic in it?

glad your enjoying it, good luck with the vrt crowd!!

alot of people on here recommend using castrol magnetic 10w40,
the idling iradically could be your afm!? mine used to do this now and again on my old 1.4,

none of the jap import pulsars came with clocks, the clocks were usually shown on the radio!!

Back
Top Bottom